Faking

After a long night I open my eyes and see the sunlight. It seemed like what happened last night never did, but I knew that I felt like that just because I was in my room and if I were to leave it I would find myself in a bad situation.

I get up and open the curtains letting all the light get inside the room.

As I was getting ready someone knocks on the door and opens it. I see Elena with a warm smile on her face.

"Good morning ma'am! I hope you had a good sleep."-she says.

"Good morning, I hope so too."-I say.

She leaves the breakfast on the bed while I make myself comfortable, well try to because what she said next made my blood freeze.

"After breakfast the sir wants to have a talk with you."-she says and leaves the room.

I couldn't touch the food now, all I could think was scenarios about why would he want to talk to me, most of them related to the events that happened last night.

I wait for a while and drink the apple juice and after that I get up trying to face the monster..

As I was entering the living room I saw him, his back was turned to me and he was reaching for his jacket.

I enter the room and it seemed like he felt my presence because he let his jacket on the couch and turned around to look at me.

"You're finally here!"-he says looking at me. I choose not to say anything.

He waits for a moment and continues:"Right, the reason why I called you was to tell you that tonight we are invited to a fête that one of my partners is organizing."

"I don't want to go to any parties for the moment."-I simply reply.

"You see dear wife I didn't ask if you were coming, I said you were coming."-he says getting close to me and making me explode.

"You can't do this! You can't just force me to go somewhere or do something I don't want to! You are not my father! Just let me be!!!!"-I yell at him.

But he seemed calm as he came even closer to me:-"You know that he sold you right? You were his card for more power, you were just a beneficial contract for both of us... What do you want now? You want me to let you go just like that? You know that I can't.. Enough with this you're coming tonight!"-he says and gets out of the house smashing the door on his way out.

I brake down crying in the middle of the house. I was sick of this! Sick of my life! Sick of the way people treated me. This has to change. And if he wants to challenge me than that's what he is going to get.

I get up from the cold floor and go to the bathroom where I wash my face.

"Elena! Go and take out all the things from the second drawer next to the shoe closet."-I say to her while I proceed to take a shower..

After the shower I get to my room and see all my makeup supplies ready. I didn't really use makeup, but this was going to be a special occasion...

 I didn't really use makeup, but this was going to be a special occasion