Prologue

I was inspired by you and your story. Made me feel that even I can write my own version of these Chinese novels I love. Not that I know that much things in Chinese nor about Chinese customs.

To readers: My own story. My first one in English, I hope there aren't too many errors. Leave vote and comments, it'll encourage me to update faster. Thanks.

***

**

*

She wasn't particularly a joyous person. Had never been. She was qualified as the coldest on Unzu as well as the more powerful. In Unzu, what ruled was power, and Seyran's powers far surpassed others. Since little her abilities put her above thus leading other people hating her and fearing her. There was never in between either hatred or worship.

The weakest feared for their lives and were the finest bootlickers. Their words couldn't be trusted for if they saw anyone a little stronger than the one they served then they would easily flip sleeves. Seyran learned that early and maybe that was, if not the sole reason, one of them that lead her to be as cold as she was.

Her trust was never given, her weaknesses never shown. She put walls and walls between her and others for she saw with her own eyes what disasters can misplaced trust brings.

But is one supposed to doubt one's own family?

Seyran hated many things and liked few. Actually what she liked weren't things but humans. They only persons she ever loved: her sisters.

Kayran, Zoria and Seith. They were the triplets her mother died giving birth to. "Protect them." Her mother had pleaded with her last breath.

And Seyran did.

She had taken back her mother's belongings. Her kingdom. Her place as queen and she had restored the fear that their family's name, Kuroro, brought to people.

Finally, securing every road for them, she brought her sisters out of their sheltered places and let them entered the palace: their rightful place as well as hers.

She was the queen and she made sure her sisters' lives were lacking nothing. She loved them and even if she didn't tell them that, she let herself be unguarded in their company. By their sides she could laugh, she could let herself be inebriated. She let her multiples walls crumpled for she could always build them up again outside. But not here. Here, in this palace, she was with her family, and family loved each other, never meaning any harm.

At the very least that's what she thought.

Yet now, clutching the dagger that her youngest sibling had thrust into her heart, her eyes widened as she stared in utter disbelief at Seith. What on earth...

She didn't have the time to dwell on the reason when she felt two shooting pains in her back.

Zoria and Kayran just stabbed her too.

Seyran whirled halfly, wanting to push them away. Immediately they flew some meters away from her, as well as Seith, in case their elder had in mind to retaliate.

Her brusque movement caused Seyran to stumble and kneel, her strength leaving her with a speed she never knew possible.

Seyran could taste the blood in her mouth as well as see it flowing out of her chest, and, she could imagine in her back as well if her quickly soaking clothes were any indication at all.

What kind of dagger was it? She couldn't pull it out?

Her magic too wasn't working anymore.

There were seals on them she quickly realized.