||Chapter 38~A Hint||

Who else is dying to see Natalie and Damon finally together?
**************

I showered. I changed. I ate. I got through every detail with Sebastian. How I'm gonna get there, how I'm gonna come back. What I'm allowed to say and what I'm not.

He's gonna drop me off straight next to the penthouse but I'll have to go alone to this dark alley where he will take me from. He got a gps on me and will keep a close eye on me.
We've got everything planned.

We both sat in the front seats of his dark windowed Mercedes. An hour. An hour is all I have.

We drove in silence and I wanted to cry when we stopped in front of the penthouse.
Before I could exit he grabbed my wrist.
"Don't even think about trying anything, Natalie. I swear to god if I can't have you, nobody else can." He warned making shivers run down my spine. I knew deep inside me he had something going on.
It was 6pm, the building was likely empty except a few receptionists.
I got out of the Mercedes and looked around myself. Home... I took a deep breath and remembered the time was running now. I saw Sebastian driving away quickly and I rushed inside.
I couldn't believe it.
Everyone minded their own business and no one even gave me a second look. I made my way towards the elevator and hit the button for the 70th and something floor...

||Damon's POV||
I was sipping scotch and looking out the window at the city. Looking how the sun slowly set down.
I heard the familiar ding.
I thought I dismissed all the maids...?
I turned around and my heart stopped.
It's her. It's her.
Am I hallucinating?
"Natalie?" I said with disbelief and she literally ran crying into my arms. I hugged her so tightly I thought I was gonna crush her. I smelled her hair. Her scent. It's her. It's really her. My love. My Natalie.
I pulled away and looked into her crying eyes.
I didn't know what to say.
She hugged me again.
I pulled away and took a step back.
"Natalie where were you?! The police and everybody's looking for you-"
"Damon please listen. I only have an hour before I have to go back. Please just listen-"
"Go back where?!" I looked at how thin she looked and it made my heart ache. She literally just turned into a ball of sobs and tears.
"I can't- I can't tell you anything, Damon. He didn't allow me- I only have an hour-"
"What he? Who's he?" I asked disoriented. She took my hands and closed her eyes.
"Please just... just sit with me." She said leading me to the couch. I sat next to her and didn't let go of her hands.
"Please just, hear me out, Damon." She started, sobbing. She took a deep breath and I felt tears in my eyes.
"He promised- I promised.... he took me that night. You remember? The business dinner? He took me then. He took me to a place I can't tell you where and he did horrible things to me but I can't tell you that either... it's just... we did this thing where he allowed me to see you for an hour in exchange that I'll come back to him. That I'll be his forever. And I.. I agreed. So basically I'm just here to... to say goodbye, Damon. I'm so sorry."
"Are you crazy?! You really think I'll let you leave? Just like that?!" I shouted with anger. I felt so many emotions at once.
"You have to Damon, I promised him I'd come back."
"Who is he?" I asked loud and clearly. She shook her head.
"I can't tell you." She whispered.
"Natalie tell me! Who is he I will rip his limbs off! Tell me his name and he'll never bother you again! Tell me and he's dead I'll make sure of that myself....just...tell me." I whispered the last part looking into her watery eyes.
"I can't risk it." She whispered and god give me patience.
"I'm calling the police." I said and reached for my phone but she stopped me.
"No! You can't! He's more powerful than you think, Damon. He's cruel and he said if he can't have me no one else will! Don't you get it! I have to come back! He's sick and I hate him! If I run he would never stop hunting me, he even said that himself."
"Do I know him?" I asked fuming.
"I can't tell you that." She whispered and I sighed in annoyance. Then I leaned closely to her.
"Where does he keep you? Just give me a clue. A hint. Anything. Natalie, please. I can't just let you go like that knowing I might never see you again." I whispered softly as my voice cracked.
"I love you." I whispered and she looked at me.
"I love you too." She answered back, warming my heart.
"I missed you, babe." I said caressing her soft cheek and looking at her lips. Soon I felt her soft, wet lips on mine. I felt at peace. Finally.
She deepened the kiss and I pulled her into my lap. God, I love this woman.
I held her hip with one hand and her waist with the other. Oh how good it felt to finally hold her after all this time.
Safe. In my arms.
We kissed each other like we were never gone kiss again. So lustfully, so passionately.
"Do you want to come back with him?" I asked her as she pulled away, panting.
"Absolutely not." She answered and I started kissing her neck.
"Give me a hint. A clue. And I will find you. I promise." I said desperately and she seemed to think about it if she wasn't moaning as I kissed her neck. She stopped me and leaned closer to my ear.
"Kitten."