Chapter XV

Luretica

The ocean sparkled from the moonshine. Cloudy yet one could still see the stars flicker. The chilly breeze gave me goosebumps. Perfect temperature. I sat on an old green rotten bole staring at the horizon.

Across the ocean the clouds are letting go of their feeling, pouring into the ocean. The sun went for a swim as the moon took her place. Silver from the moon and Aqua from the sea caused a beautiful and peaceful image ahead of me. Wishing I have a photographic memory or my camera with me. I closed my eyes again. The smell of salt and moisture in the air gave a welcoming feeling.

I felt powerless, useless. I should have known. Knew that the life I once knew as reality was fake. It is too good to be true. Yet, here I am alone in the forest. Do you know what the funny thing is? Every time I have felt insecure, sorrowful or angry I escaped to the forest. Cause I knew it would never betray me. But, at the same time, how could it? It's just a bunch of trees, birds, leaves and more forest stuff.

I do not know how long I have been sitting here. Relaxing. Thinking.

After I ran, I cried. Badly. The tears could not stop running. I felt hate. Hate for the family I trusted with my life. Maybe I am overreacting. I closed my eyes for a minute. Imagine my family, trying to think positive, but all I could think is that it was all a lie. Those were my first thoughts when I ran. But, now? They have changed even if I still feel betrayed.

I went from hating them to understanding and accepting them. They could have sent me to a foster home, but they did not. They took me in and gave me a family. Giving me a roof to live under, food and love. They are my family and will always be.

"LUNA!" I heard voices scream in the forest. I sat at the exit of the forest. I looked away from the forest to see the ocean once again before I had to face reality. "LUNA!" I heard again.

Sighing before letting the mindlink open. I closed our mindlink to keep Xerxes away. I wanted a few minutes alone. The second I open it, Xerxes' voice filled my head screaming. "Where are you?!" he screamed angry and worried. Both I and Amy felt sorry for him. "Relax, I am fine" not answering him fully. I want to enjoy the silence for as long as I could. "Do not avoid my question!"

"LURETICA?!" he yelled when I did not answer. Rolling my eyes at his overprotective mode. "I am on the exit of the for" before I could finish my sentence, a powerful breeze surrounded my body and lifted me in the air. Gasping as the air became thin and arms quickly to catch me from falling.

I looked up seeing Xerxes wolf is on the edge, and I have a feeling why. I shyly avoided his dominant glare and looked anywhere but him. The warmth of his body caused me to shiver from pleasure. His expression quick changed from an icy glare to a playful smirk.

Crap.

I could not help but feel an attraction toward him. With or without the mating bond, he is deadly gorgeous. His night-black hair with few curls has grown, not too long. Icy blue eyes along with yellow dots in them caused a tingle feeling down in my pussy. His playful smirk became serious when my aroused scent hit the air. Their eyes changed into night dark, matching his hair.

However, I ignored him to run back to the house with Xerxes on my tail. I do not want to risk getting mated now. We were in front of the house with seconds to spare. He carried me inside holding me close. I loved feeling his hands on me. Brought me comfortable and safe. I am on cloud nine.

He placed me down on the bed snapping me out of heaven. I gazed at him questioning his action. Forced me to lie down and cover my body with a non-colourful blanket. "What are you doing?" I asked while trying to sit up only to be shoved back down. He held me by the shoulder, not letting me up. "You were gone for hours and now you are getting sick" a quick response before stuffing me with more blankets.