Chapter Five: Unwanted Guests

My alarm buzzed, bringing me out of my peaceful sleep. I fumbled with my eyes still closed.

After everything was said and done last night at our little meeting, nothing had actually been figured out. We had a couple new suspects and motives but nothing complete. When we couldn't come up with anything else but our little theories Jasper finally called an end to our meeting. We had children to spend time with and anything else to think about for a while. After the whole prophecy stuff, I think Jasper and I needed a little time to..., adjust. I could still feel the openness inside of me. Nina was so happy to be this new person even though we were still very much the same.

Embracing the power inside of us, though, had done so much to lighten us. I felt lighter than I had my whole life. The only negative was this twinge in my chest that said something bad was going to come of accepting the power inside of me, of Jasper embracing the Alpha King inside of him.

"Mmmm, I just want to stay asleep." I groaned, my brain starting to mull over the previous day and all I had to do for my current day.

"You can't though." Jasper whispered, squeezing me closer to his body briefly. "You have class this morning and we have visitors coming later." He reminded me.

"Ugh! I know." I stretched, turning in his arms. "How are you feeling today?"

"Rested." He answered after a pause. "I don't know. I still feel like me."

"You look like you, too." I grinned, lifting my hand to caress his face with the back of my fingers. "And you feel like you." I leaned in to kiss him. "And you surely taste like you." I whispered against his lips.

"Mmmm." He moaned, pulling back a centimeter. "You know, I'm not so sure you taste the same. Maybe I should get a better feel for it." He slithered his hand down my body and into my panties.

I gasped softly, my body weeping for his touch. When his fingers caressed my wet sex, I felt my insides tighten slightly. He dipped a finger into my core and drove me a little crazy before pulling it out and bringing his hand back up my body. Taking the finger that had been inside of me into his mouth, he gave a satisfied groan.

"Mm, still taste as delicious as ever." He smirked and gave me a wink. I pulled his head down and kissed him ravenously.

"You are so lucky I need to get up and dressed or I'll be late for class." I hissed at him when I pulled back from him. I pushed his head away and hopped up before I could convince myself that class wasn't all that important. "Thanks to you, I need the cold shower this morning." I commented as I walked into our bathroom.

"Good!" He yelled after me. "I'm usually the one taking those in the morning. Karma's a bitch!" He laughed.

"Hate you!" I yelled out of the bathroom without any hate whatsoever.

"Love you too, ma." He called back at me. Shaking my head with a goofy smile, I started my shower.

"He is such a goofball." Nina chuckled. Yeah, I agreed. but he's our goofball. I grinned at my reflection in the mirror as I stripped. "Ya got that right." Nina agreed as I stepped into my nice, refreshing, freezing cold shower.

Rushing through my morning ritual, I dressed in some comfortable clothes and got my stuff ready to go. My babies were still sleeping so I tiptoed in and kissed them before I headed downstairs to grab the rest of my things for class. Jasper met me at the front door.

"The guests are due at six." He told me, pulling me in for a kiss.

"Class ends at around five and I should be able to drive back fast enough to get home and changed before we have to welcome them." I grinned.