Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

---------------------

Therapy

---------------------

"Last week, we were talking about your jealousy over Lacey flirting with...Lucas?"

"Yeah. That's his name."

"Then you were going to tell me about what happened the night Lacey was on her date when our time was up. So what happened?"

"Many things..."

"Care to elaborate?"

"Perhaps."

"Is there something else you want to talk about first?"

"....no. I suppose I should talk about what happened that. Though, I hate it. I hate it all."

"Why?"

"Because it is what lead us to the giant spiral of doom."

"That sounds depressing."

"It was, it is. It didn't help that I did something stupid either. I mean you would do what I did if you had been in my shoes."

"That does not make sense."

"I know it doesn't. It doesn't make sense because I didn't divulge any information, but if I had put some names and phrased it differently, it would have made sense."

"Okay you lost me."

"You're the therapist. How do you not make sense of what I said?"

"I speak English, not loony."

"Hey!"

"So go-oh you know it was funny. I can see you trying not to laugh. You know you're just going to give in. Now was that so hard to let yourself laugh? That's the first time I've seen you laugh since we've started to see each other weekly."

"It feels nice to laugh. I haven't laughed since Lacey's been...yeah..."

"I'm sorry. I was just trying to help you."

"It's okay."

"You want to finish telling me about that night?"

"Yeah. So as I was telling you last week. Randy called me to hang out while Lacey had dinner with Lucas and her family..."

--------------------

Flashback cont.

--------------------

Promptly at 8, Randy was at the door. He had a huge smile on his face when he saw me.

I could not understand why he had that smile. I looked down at what I was wearing. All I was wearing were my ripped black jeans, a Tegan and Sara shirt and a red flannel long sleeve. I wasn't wearing anything special. He had seen me in this before. So what was with the smile?

"Randy if you don't quit smiling your face is gonna stay like that. Why are you smiling anyway?"

"Nothing. I guess I'm glad we can hang out again. I've missed you."

He missed me? What was going on in that head of his?

"Did you hit your head before coming over?"