Matt ^Strings Of Fate And Soulmates^

A/N: I hope it wasn't super clear how uninspired I was to do this. I mean, I love the idea, and I like how it's written, don't get me wrong! It was just extremely difficult to come up with the idea!

A soulmate is an ongoing connection with another individual that the soul picks up again in various times, and places over lifetimes.

We are attracted to another person at soul level not because that person is our unique complement, but because by being with that individual we are somehow provided with an impetus to become whole ourselves.

Or, at least, that's you believed.

You, however, weren't sure who knew what you believed. The stars knew, for sure, you told them time and time again. Your housemates... Might know?

With how often you pranced about with a fake string of fate tied around your finger, you figured it's be somewhat clear.

Tom probably knew, he was a smart one... Edd and Matt, not so much.

But, even if he was a little dense, that didn't stop you from being infatuated with the ginger.

Could Matt perhaps be your soulmate? You weren't able to say, but you certainly were able to hope.

"He's not mine." You said. "And I don't think he ever will be."

"And maybe that's a good thing because things are never how you imagine and having expectations only ever sets you up for disappointment."

"But I can't help but wonder what lying in his arms would be like," You told the darkened sky, "I can't help but imagine being close enough to feel his breath on mine and his skin on my skin."

You closed your eyes and felt the wind dance through your (H/L) hair, and imagined the tall ginger beside you.

"I hope his soulmate is perfect," you whispered to the moon, "Hope they're everything he could ever want."

The stars above you gleamed at your words, and you couldn't help but smile up at them.

"I feel a little stupid doing this, talking to the stars that is," you took a deep breath, gaze trailing down to your lap, "I just, I wish I knew if he was my soulmate or not... And if he's not, who is?"

"Ya, I guess I'm just the weird one, talking to the stars" You sighed.

"But who else will hear me?"

With one final sigh you climbed back inside your window and to your bed.

As you laid down to rest, you were unaware of the boy in the window above your own, blue eyes gleaming as he heard you speak.

Pale dawn light flitted in through your sky blue curtains and onto your sleeping form, rising you from your slumber.

A groan slips past your lips as you pry open your tired (E/C) eyes.

Rolling over, away from the harsh light, you felt a sudden tug on your arm, dragging it away from the rest of your body. Glancing back at whatever pulled your hand you were surprised to find a red string tied to your finger.

"The string of fate..." you whispered in utter shock, as you were not the one to tie the thread there.

That woke you up.

You all but threw yourself out of bed, scrambling to your feet you began following the string at it wound down the hallway.

The thin string tangled about, twisting its way over, behind, around, and even through picture frames. You stalked after it, heading to the living room.

Staring down at the part attached to your finger, you exited the hall without noticing at first. The slack on the string was growing as you approached it's other end.

Lifting your gaze to the surrounding room, the shock was surely clear on your face as you saw the state the string left the room in.

Red string covered every surface.

Wrapping around lamps, winding over the couch, television, and even Tom, who was sitting on the couch had thread tangled around his arms and hair.

"Tom?" You asked, approaching said man.

"Sup (Y/N)?" He replied casually.

"Who put this string everywhere?" You knew that if Edd set this up as a prank, Tom would rat him out.

"What string?" He asked, looking at you as if you were crazy.

Damn. Edd must've paid him good to keep his mouth shut.

"Hey (Y/N), what's up?" Speak of the devil, and he shall appear, and apparently same goes for Edd.

"What's up with all this string everywhere?" You asked.

Surely if this was Edd's doing, he'd just admit it like he always does.

"What string? (Y/N) are you feeling alright?" He asked, concern clear on his face.

"Never mind." You said simply.

As you followed the string to the stairwell, you didn't notice the two boys smirking.

The trail lead up the stairs, winding around the handrail and up to the attic.

The attic...

That could only mean one thing. Matt. Either he was behind this, or Edd had some elaborate plan to try and get the two of you together.

Timidly you knocked on the door to his room, your heart feeling as though it would burst at any second.

"Come in!" His sweet voice made your heart flutter.

The second you pushed the door open all the way, you saw it. The other end of the string. It was tied neatly to Matt's finger.

"Hey (N/N)! What do yo-?!" He never got to finish speaking as you tackled him to the floor in a hug.

"I love you Matt." You said, staring deeply into his cobalt eyes.

He grins at your words.

"I love you too, why else would I have set up all this string?" He chuckled.

You were fairly surprised that Matt was the one to set this up.

"You should probably clean this up soon, it took hours to set up, and cleaning it up won't be much better" Matt hummed out.

Slowly you settled into his arms with a blissful sigh. You allowed your eyes to close as you breathed in his scent. He smelled like vanilla and hair gel, an odd yet fitting combination.

Suddenly your eyes snapped open as you had a horrific realization about what your new boyfriend just said.

Matt was going to make you clean up this string.

On your own.

A/N: Yay! I finished Matt's! This one was pretty cute, but made me realize, I have NO good pictures of Matt... Hmm, I'll have to look for more. -Daybreak