CHAPTER 37

Jessica

I sit on the edge of the bed letting my siren come out a little to sing. trying to soothe Mikaylas pain. She visibly relaxes and her breathing slows.

I don't sing words of the lands tongue but words from under the sea.

Once she goes into a deep sleep I go down stairs and grab a grapefruit and some sugar along with two glasses of water.

Tomorrow I was going to the strippers club.

I grabbed my cell and went back up to the sleeping beauty who still hadn't moved. She was probably in the second phase now trying to find the link between her and me.

I sat down on the bed and got to work prepping my grapefruit.

A few minutes later when I was done I began to eat and flick through my phone watching all the footage of the pack house to see if anything was out of place.

That's when I saw it. One of the guys who looked warn down and exhausted came bunding through looking drunk and out of place. Not only that but he had something sticking out of his back pocket 'lingerie' to be specific strippers lingerie

Looking at the date I noticed that it was the night before the kidnapping. Fast fording a few days, the same thing happened this time including a late arrival the night the three girls were stolen. Only he wasn't drunk and he seemed to have scratch wounds all up and down his arms.

Linking all this back up to all the previous kidnappings it seems it was regularly occurring every 3-4 days and tomorrow was the next day before it was to happen.

I guess the only way to catch a rat is to become a mouse. I whispered. Taking a large swig of water from the glass.

I'd better get some sleep.

I laid down beside Mikayla and closed my eyes drifting off into my nightmarish hell.

Greys pov

The look of jesses face was glued in my mind the moment she heard her first pack member was in trouble. Its a bond he will hare with her forever now.

I looked up at Sam who might I add was a little freaked out.

I wonder what Jess was going to say to him that got him so worked up.

As I was about to ask I heard the chains from the Next cell over hit the ground.

"Fuck yeh, oie Sam I'm coming out."

The guy known as Rex came out. He wasn't a very attractive looking guy but where he lacked in on looks he made up for in skill.

"For god sake Rex, I thought we were going to die in here before you got us out."

Rex laughed. he somehow unlocked his cell and walked over to ours.

Sam looked at me smirking.

As if he was the smartest thing in the world.

"Look lads I don't know what happened between you and the queen but I will warn you she will find you and kill you."

It was then when they laughed, I could remember one of Jesses memories how she laid chained up in a cell darker and moldier than ours covered with dried blood that had dead rats covering the floor with three guys laughing at her as she begged to be let down.

These were the guys. I understood it all now. She was back for revenge and what probably awaited these two men was probably going to be far worse than death.

"Speak for yourself" Sam said before slapping Rex on the back.

"I'm an alpha that has proper pack members that can bring her down."

He snickered.

I let out a low growl. I may not have liked my beta and my men but they were highly trained professionals and if they couldn't take her down then Sam is going to slaughter innocent people trying to do so

"You know I really don't like you" I replied his face went blank his eyes hard on mine

"The feelings mutual" he said before leaving with Rex.

"We'll look at the bright side. We won't be dumb enough to get caught."

I glared at his back as he opened the door and left.

The only reason I got caught was because.... I... "Feel drawn to her somehow." I told myself before closing my eyes and preparing for the hell I was about to go through.

Jessica's pov

Morning came soon enough the sun warm on my back. Today was Monday and I had things to do.

Looking over I expected to find Mikayla but was met with the coldness of an empty bed.

A slight panic took over me until I noticed the smell of bacon resonating from down stairs.

Following the sweet scent, I went down and was once again met by Mikayla Max and FUCKING GREY!

How does this dude keep getting out?

Everyone freezes in their spots practically waiting for me to make the first move.

I bend down into position and am about to leap of the ground.

"WAIT!' Jess listen don't you think if grey was going to run he would have already done it by now?" Max says grey looks over at him with a plain expression and back at me.

"I want to talk." He says voice raspy and warm towards me. God theres just something about him.

Realizing he has a point I stand up and walk over to the plate of bacon.

Everyone holds their breath as if I'm a time bomb.

"What did you want to talk about." I say mouth full of the delicious meat

Then It hit me.

Sam and Rex.

"Wheres Sam and Rex."

Greys face goes pale.

"They left last night saying they would be back with SAMs best warriors" grey said

I smile at that compliment.

Grey shares a look at Max who does the same.

I'm still peeved that they got away and even more so that grey thinks it's alright that he didn't come and get me but then again, why should he? neither would I.

I nod my head. It didn't really matter after thinking about it last night I realized there is nothing more excruciatingly pain full then being rejected.

I began to laugh.

After that I would cut off his balls or something In front of the whole pack and shoot him in the head along with Rex.

"Any way- as I was going to say-" grey said interrupting my thought.

It was then Ryan walked through the door with the smell of alcohol on him.

We all stared to look at him.

"What never seen a guy drunk before"

He says before going up the stairs

I look back over at grey who looks at me with wide eyes.

"What? What's the matter.? I ask