Wedding Day - Part 1

I tossed and turned the whole night in that stupid white chair thinking about one thing. The kiss. The stupid damn kiss.

My boss laid still as a rock with his back towards me. It was almost six in the morning. I needed to get out of here. Trying my best to be quiet, I got up and put on a random dress. I slipped on my rubber flip flops and went out the door quietly as a mouse.

The atmosphere outside seemed so much lighter and happier than in the hotel room. I smiled as I watched the sun slowly rise up. Rays of yellow and orange lit up the sky. My feet dug into the cool sand as I walked along the beach.

I still couldn't wrap my head around what happened  just hours ago. This feeling in my stomach was unfamiliar and it made me feel queasy. You know what, just forget that it ever happened.

Never happened.

It was already eight when I decided to head back to the room. My boss usually left around six so he shouldn't be around.

Thankfully the hotel room was empty. I rested my eyes for awhile and then changed into some workout shorts and a tank. The workout room seemed packed, but luckily I spotted an unoccupied treadmill. I put in my ear buds and played my favorite playlist.

I had been going a good twenty five minutes until a loud ring caused me to pull my headphones out. I looked at my phone to see my boss calling me. I roll my eyes and stop the treadmill.

"Hello," I say in a neutral voice.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?" My boss screamed over the phone.

What the hell was his problem today? "Umm the workout room," I say carefully.

"Jesus Christ Ana, it starts at one and it's already nine," my boss says in an exasperated voice.

"What?" I ask with confusion.

"The fucking wedding," my boss says angrily.

"I'll be right up," I say quickly. I mentally slap myself for forgetting, but then again it was still only nine in the morning. What's the hurry?

I hear my boss sigh over the phone. "I'm already here, just get here quick. It's in the Legacy Courtyard. I'll have a car waiting outside the hotel for you. Please wear something nice and make yourself presentable so you don't embarrass me, after all you are my fiancé."

I hang up the phone without another word because I didn't know if I could restrain myself from smart mouthing him. It's a bad habit of mine and I don't think I should be doing that to someone who is signing my pay check.

I brush off what he had just said and quickly got up to the room. I shower and blow dry my hair in record time. Surprisingly I finished my eye and brow makeup within ten minutes. I swiped on a nude pink lipstick for the finishing touch.

I slipped on the peach colored satin spaghetti strap dress that I had brought for the wedding. It hugged my upper body tightly but it flowed loosely from the waist down. The dress came close to touching my knees. I chose to wear a pair of tall black sandals. The heel was about the width of a number two pencil, I'm just praying I don't fall on my face. The necklace I choose to pair with the dress was a small thin silver chain with round little diamonds that were placed around it. The necklace was very short and simple; it came down just above my collarbone. This necklace was given to me on my fourteenth birthday by my parents and it has a special place in my heart. I glanced at myself in the full length mirror and damn, I looked pretty good.

I walk outside to see a sleek black Bentley. How ironic, Mr. Bentley's car was a indeed a Bentley.

The courtyard wasn't very far from the hotel. I could feel my heart racing as we got closer to the destination. Out of no where, flashing lights started blinding my eyes. Men and women crowded around the car with huge cameras. "What the hell?"