Drunk

"Aedees." Cold amber orbs locked with mine, They softened before regaining their double-edged sharpness.

Darkness hung over him like a tailored made cloak as storm clouds blocked away the sun's light. The still rational part of my brain warned me that I wasn't the one going to fall prey to his fit of range when I realized Greene's hand was still around my neck frozen.

From a certain angle, it would seem like he was chocking me.

I drew back, but it was too late, Greene was no longer there. Listening to the screams, I turned back to see him suspended up in the air while clawing at the invisible hands crushing his windpipes. Judging from the height he was raised to, I couldn't bring him down even on my toes.

So I wobbled towards Hades who didn't seem to able to hear me. And as the power that he emitted threw me down each time I got up, I knew he was beyond the planes of rationality.

In the last effort, I lunged forward and held on by his clothes and I tugged at then as I shouted his name. "Haadees, Hadeees. Hadees!!"

Correspondingly I could hear Greene's heartbreaking shrieks while the golden eyes of the God engulfed the blue.

"Stop, stop. He didn't do anything." When he didn't respond I clasped my arms around his stomach and squeezed him tight to get his attention as I cried. "Please, you are hurting me."

The painful whisks of the cold wind stood stagnantly and the nightmarish clouds fell as rain. Greene ones again fell unconscious and I loosened my hands to fall back the same. But a certain God arched forward to fasten me in his hands, but little did he know that his gesture would be disapproved in anger.

Glaring up at him, I wiggled out his grasp and he let me after placing me firmly on my feet and for some reason backed away.

Does he think that he can escape? "Aren't you angry? At me?" Another time it would have sounded sweet with a small voice and a heartbreaking tone, but now it was words of threatening and less of a question.

"No, I never was."

"Hmmph." I crossed my hands, not buying it. "Back then you were angry."

"Not at you, it had nothing to do with you." If it weren't for his eyes which searched for the signs of distress, I would have believed the rudeness and unconcern. "Are you drunk?" He retraced his path forward leaving me thinking back on why he stepped back in the first place.

"Are you drunk? Did you drug you?" His temper fluctuated dangerously as his eyes traveled down to the sloppy cuts I made at the ends of my top. I could see where this was going.

I threw myself between the God and the wounded demigod who I defended. "He did not do that. It was I who drank it."

"You, you. You ignored me, gave me the cold shoulder." Wait, I didn't drink it because of that, I didn't even know it was alcohol, but I kept going. "I did not mean to make you angry when I said about that bad lady. If I had known, I..."

"You weren't terrified when I..lost control?" He asked interrupting my confessions.

"Whaaat?" I threw my hands in the air in emphasis, but it leads to tipping of my fragile balance. He caught me the same time I caught onto what he meant.

"You youuu." I poked his chest. "You thought what?"

The pokes turned into punches, and he took hit was hit silently. "You don't get to decide when I am scared. You stayed away and ignored me cause you thought I was scared of you. You are out of your mind."

"Look here, Mr. Lorde of the Underworld, I. Elizabeth Rain Airlea, am not scared off you. You will have to try harder and get better at scary faces because I am not a scaredy cat. And..and I will not talk to you."

"Ever," I added sticking my tongue out at him.

Something close to sadness flashed in those jaunting eyes. Good, I thought to myself as I stormed away to Greene.