sixteen

lea | alec

lea | alec

A FAINT smile captures Lea's lips. She walks into the train and occupies the seat by the corner. The overwhelming scent of cigarette stings in the air and she covers her nose to inhibit the flow of the stingy smell into her nostrils.

The carriage is desolate and she wanders her eyes outside the window to see that it is raining. The rain isn't heavy as that of a storm. The fall is slow and soft, punching through the glass to produce a ringing sound in her ears. She watches tiny rivers of water flow in the window and a sense of calmness floods her body.

hey, lea.

alec, how are you?

good.

i know you have a lot of questions right now, but before you ask anything, let me just say that i miss you.

i miss you too.

and by the way, harper and i broke up. big deal.

i'm so sorry, alec.

you really shouldn't be. if it's anyone's fault, it's harper's.

what do you mean?

she cheated on me.

Her eyes widen as she registers his words. The sound of rain falling above her hits her ears and the sound of notification echoes throughout. She's glad she's alone.

 she's been seeing jay, my best friend for two freaking months.

that is terrible, alec. i'm so sorry.

The fact that he chose to talk about his relationship with her lightened her, and a part of her wanted to push the question that she's been waiting to ask him for so long.

if i should be honest, i'm really relieved. we've been lying to ourselves the whole time. 

i can't help but feel sorry for you. being cheated on sucks.

tell me about it. but, then i realized, if a person really liked someone, then why do they even bother cheating on them?

that's an answer we'll never find the answer to. people are mysterious.

this is a mess. i'm so glad i'm out.