seventeen

lea | alec

lea | alec

A FAMILIAR PAIR of eyes greets Lea as she walks into the library. Bash produces a wide grin on his full lips, waving his hands in the air, gesturing her to walk to him. A pile of books is scattered on the table to create an uncharted mess and a pair of glasses sits on the nook of his nose. "I didn't know you wear glasses," Lea says abruptly.

"Well, now that you know," he smiles genuinely. There was something about him that made her feel fresh and ablaze. It was probably the wonderful smile he always seemed to burden on his lips every time his eyes met hers. "What's up? What are you doing here?"

"The same reason you're here, Bash," she says, stretching her lips to smile back at him. "I needed to get some books. Do you want to help me?"

"I'd love to," he adds, standing up from his seat. She watches him walk towards the shelves with a wave of shyness flicking at his back. They hunt for the books that she had scribbled on a piece of paper earlier. Between uninterrupted chuckles and book-surfing, he would throw her a few unhinged smiles at her and she didn't miss the way his eyes sparkled when she shot one of hers.

They run through different sections, surfing the books alphabetically. She realizes that he is taller than she had expected him to be as he stretches his arms to rummage through the upper shelves.

They spend quite a few minutes, rumbling through the shelves, wincing at the way the huge books fell on their heads and they accidentally end up throwing books at each other. Filled with a countless number of chuckles and waves of laughter, they manage to collect the books and finally place them on the table, relieving a pushed-back sigh.

"Are you doing some research or something, Bash? You look so serious with your glasses and the books," she teases him which causes him to chuckle.

"It's for an assignment," he shrugs his shoulders. "Come on, you would know."

"Trust me, I do," she says and breaks into a fit of laughter.

"Hey, do you want to grab a drink?" He asks nonchalantly out of the blue. "I'll buy you one," he proposes his offer. He's wearing a blue button down shirt with his sleeves rolled halfway upwards and Lea couldn't help but mentally register that he looked cute.

"What's the occasion?" she inquires, lifting one of her brows.

"I feel hungry?" He teases gently, a chuckle faltering from his lips. "I was going to grab a snack anyway. Come with me."

"Okay, sure," she smiles accepting the offer.

They walk together to the nearby coffee shop talking about their day and their routines. He wasn't bizarre like he was before, maybe he just needed some time to get to know people before befriending them. He was nothing but sweet and gentle.