Chapter 4: Narnia!

Third Person's POV

The next day, Peter and Susan thought it would be best to have their younger siblings get some fresh air so they were all outside. Peter, Susan, and Edmund were playing cricket, Lucy was sitting under a tree reading, and Katerina was sitting next to her watching her older siblings play the game.

"Peter winds up, poised to take yet another wicket!" Peter threw the ball towards Edmund and ended up hitting him in the leg as Edmund hadn't been paying attention.

"Ow!" Edmund exclaimed, grabbing his leg where he was hit. Katerina let out a giggle as Peter let out a full laugh. The young girl was still hurt from Edmund's actions the day before so him being hit by the ball amused her. "Whoops. Wake up, Dolly Daydream." Peter chuckled as Susan tossed him another ball.

"Why can't we play hide and seek again?" Edmund questioned and Lucy made a face at him. "I thought you said it was a kid's game." Peter reminded his younger brother.

"Besides, we could all use the fresh air." Susan spoke with a smile. "It's not like there isn't air inside." Edmund complained, making Katerina frown. As she was only six, there were a lot of things she didn't understand, but Edmund's behaviour was always a main one that baffled her.

"Are you ready?" Peter asked Edmund, referring to their game. "Are you?" The younger boy responded, hitting the ground twice before holding the bat up, ready to hit the ball.

Peter threw the ball and Edmund hit it this time, causing Katerina to lose interest in their game as she glanced over at Lucy. She looked so sad, which made Katerina sad. She hated when any of her siblings were upset.

The sound of shattering broke Katerina out of her thoughts as everyone's heads whipped around to look at the source of the shattering. It was a window of the mansion, which Edmund had just hit the ball through.

Katerina's eyes widened in shock as her siblings shared nervous glances. Then the three older ones started running inside, Peter shouting behind him for Lucy and Katerina to follow them, which they did

What they found when they got to the room with the broken window was not good, to say the least. There was a suit of armour sprawled out across the room, in pieces.

"Well done, Ed." Peter said sarcastically, glancing at his younger brother. "You bowled it!" Edmund exclaimed defensively. That's when the siblings heard a new voice. "What on earth is goin' on up there?"

"The Macready!" Susan cried out. "Come on!" Peter was quick to herd his siblings out of the room. The siblings  ran through hallways and rooms, but no matter how far they went, the echoing sounds of Mrs. Macready's footsteps made it seem like she was right behind them.

Soon they came to a hallway, which Edmund, Lucy, and Katerina all immediately recognized as the one with the spare room with the wardrobe inside it. Peter tried to twist the handle of the first door in the hallway, but it was locked, so Edmund ran over and opened the door to the spare room.

They all ran inside, Peter shutting the door behind them. That's when Susan and Peter recognized the room. Edmund ran up to the wardrobe and opened the door.

"Come on!" Edmund motioned for his siblings to get in the wardrobe.

Oh, you've got to be joking." Susan said, seeming against the idea of them all piling into the wardrobe, but footsteps right outside the room made her change her mind. They ran to the wardrobe and the five of them entered, Peter being the last one in. That's when the footsteps stopped outside the room.

"Get back!" Peter whispered and his siblings did as they were told. They all started stepping backwards, tripping and hitting each other as they attempted to move back.