Chapter 16: Peter and Edmund's Fight

Lucy and I started to run across the toad but stopped when a car that almost hit us honked. "Mind yourselves, loves." The man driving said. "I'm sorry." Lucy and I apologized at the same time before we continued to run across the road. "Watch where you're going!" A guy yelled after us, but we just kept running towards Susan. We found her at a newspaper stand. "Susan!" I yelled to her as we ran up to her. "You'd better come quickly." Lucy told her and she picked up her briefcase before she followed us as we ran to the underground train station. There was a crowd of people yelling. "Fight, fight, fight, fight!" Susan and I pushed our way to the front so we could see what was happening. Peter had gotten himself into yet another fight. Three of them against one of him. He turned and saw us as the two guys held him. He saw Lucy and my's worried faces and Susan's "Really? Again?" face. They grabbed him and shoved him into a wall and started kneeing him, but he managed to knock one of them into the wall. He threw one of them to the ground, but one of the other ones just shoved him into the wall again. I fidgeted with my hands because I was worried about my brother. My worry didn't help when Edmund shoved past us and joined the fight. "Edmund!" Lucy exclaimed. He jumped on one going after Peter and knocked him to the ground. They fought on the floor for a few seconds before they got up to fight. The other two guys shoved Peter to the ground and started kicking him in the ribs. "Peter!" I exclaimed in worry. Edmund jumped on the guy kicking Peter, knocking them both to the ground. That's when we all heard a whistle and saw two army men running towards the fight. Everyone in the crowd was quick to scatter. Lucy, Susan, and I went and sat on a bench in the train station and waited to Edmund and Peter to get there. Peter got there first and he sat down next to me. I rubbed his arm, comforting him, and about a minute later Edmund came and sat down next to him. "You're welcome." He said to Peter, even though he didn't get a 'thank you'. "I had it sorted." Peter said and stood up before he turned around to face us. "What was it this time?" Susan sighed. "He bumped me." Peter answered. "So you hit him?" I asked him. "No. After he bumped me, they tried to make me apologize. That's when I hit him." Peter corrected. "Really, is it that hard to just walk away?" Susan asked him. "I shouldn't have to. I mean, don't you ever get tired of being treated like a kid?" Peter asked us. "Yes." I mumbled and nodded slightly. "Um, we are kids." Edmund said, not hearing me. "Well, I wasn't always. It's been a year. How long does he expect us to wait?" Peter asked as he came and sat next to me again. "I think it's time to accept that we live here. It's no use pretending any different." Susan told us, crossing her arms. None of us replied, I just leaned my head on Peter's arm. "Oh no. Pretend you're talking to me." Susan told us after a few seconds. "We are talking to you." Edmund replied and Susan scoffed. "Ow!" I exclaimed and shot up from my seat. "Quiet, Kat." Susan told me. "Something pinched me!" I exclaimed, pointing at my seat. "Hey, stop pulling!" Peter yelled at Edmund as he shot up from his seat. "Not touching you." Edmund responded. "Look, would all of you just... What is that?" Susan questioned as her, Edmund, and Lucy stood up. "It feels like magic." Lucy said what I was thinking. "Quick, everybody hold hands." Susan said and grabbed onto Lucy's hand. Lucy grabbed my hand with her other one and I grabbed Peter's. Peter held out his hand for Edmund, but Edmund exclaimed. "I'm not holding your hand!" "Just...!" Peter exclaimed and grabbed his hand. The train was going really fast now and the walls of the train station were being pulled apart. Nobody seemed to notice a thing except my siblings and I. Newspapers were flying everywhere and posters were being ripped of the walls. Tiles were flying off the walls and the train was going impossibly fast now. I squeezed Peter and Lucy's hands in excitement. I knew what this meant. Through the windows of the train we could see the brick wall behind the train turn into a beach. The train finally finished going past and disappeared. We were now in a cave with a large opening. The opening was too bright to see anything, but once our eyes adjusted to the light we could see a beach in front of us. "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more." I quoted a book that I had recently read called, "The Wizard of Oz." It just came out last year actually. We walked towards the opening of the cave. I looked at my siblings and grinned before Susan, Lucy, and I took off running towards the water, laughing. I took off my sweater, vest, and shoes of my school uniform as I ran so when I got into the water they wouldn't get wet. Our brothers weren't far behind us. "Shame you're not as fast as me, Ed!" Peter yelled to our brother, teasing him. "Last one in's a rotten egg." Susan told us. We all ran into the water, laughing. I reached down into the water and splashed Lucy, laughing. "You're the rotten egg." She laughed and splashed me back. Then she realized she forgot to take her sweater off and ran back to the beach. I ran over to where Peter was and jumped on his back, knocking us both into the water, laughing. He sat up and splashed me before we both got up. When we did he picked me up and threw me in the water. I laughed in delight. I hadn't had this much fun with my siblings since we were last in Narnia. We were all laughing and having fun. We stopped splashing as we noticed Edmund's confused face. "What is it?" Peter asked him. "Where do you suppose we are?" Edmund asked. "Oz." I dead-panned before I said. "Narnia, of course!" He glanced at me before I looked back at whatever he was looking at. "Well, I don't remember any ruins in Narnia." Edmund said and we followed his gaze. Up on the mountain that the cave was in, there were ruins. We all stared at them for a minute before we decided to check them out.