[37]

Mark:

Sophia had given me some time to think about her suggestion. Although I had been very sure that I wanted to move in their house she had told me that it would be better to think about it carefully.

I knew what she meant. Living in the Wang's household also meant living together with Jackson and I had to think about if I was ready to live in the same house with him. I had to think clearly.

I didn't mind to live with Jackson. He was not as bad as I had thought before but I didn't want to trust my feeling completely. He was very complicated to read. I had thought I knew him but I didn't.

All I had seen was an egoistic asshole that liked to hurt me, even after he knew about our baby. But then he had started to give me his clothes and I had noticed that he stared on my belly sometimes.

My feeling said that Jackson secretly started to accept the fact that he was going to be a father but my brain reminded me what kind of person he actually was and that I shouldn't trust my feelings to early.

Today I would talk to my parents and tell them about Sophia's offer. I had already known that I wanted to move to them but the fact that she had told me that even Jackson had agreed, had made my decision clear.

I sat down on the sofa and slung Jackson's oversized jacket closer around my body. My parents always got a little bit mad whenever they saw my belly. Probably because they were still disappointed.

My mother looked at me and smiled a bit before she turned to face the TV again. I waited for a moment to see if my parents would see that I wanted something from them but they just continued with what they were doing.

I waited for five minutes before I stared to speak myself. "Jackson's mom offered me to live in their house." I said which made my dad put his newspaper down and my mom face me again.

"Jackson?" My dad asked confused and I remembered that I didn't even tell them who the father of my baby was. Not because I didn't want tell them but I hadn't have the courage to bring my pregnancy up again.

It was a very complicated topic for my family and that's why I didn't tell them anything about it. And I doubted they wanted to hear it. "Yes, Jackson Wang. He's the father of my baby." I told them.

My dad nodded. "And that Jackson guy's mother wants you to move in their house? Why?" He asked. I didn't like the derogatory tone in his voice when he spoke about Jackson and his family.

"She thinks it would be good for me and Jackson to live together because we have to stay in close contact anyway. And I agree with her. It would be good for us." I explained what Sophia had said.

My mother placed her hand on my shoulder. "But Mark. Do you really want to get away from us?" She asked me and I knew she was a bit hurt. I sighed a bit and hesitated before I answered her question.

"It's the best for my baby. He or she needs me and Jackson. And it's also good for me because he and I can share the tasks. If I lived here, I would have to do everything by myself." I smiled a bit.

Of course, I would always have Jackson's support but it would be stupid if he had to come over just because our baby needed a fresh diaper or woke up in the night. Living together would make things easier.

I was also pretty sure that my parents wouldn't always support me in such cases. They had said they would help me a little bit if I needed them, too. But I also didn't want to bother them too much. Especially with small things.

"It might be the best for the child but have you thought about your own wishes? That's also very important." My father said. I looked at him. My answer on this statement was definitely clear.

I had made my decision and my parents wouldn't change it just because they acted like they cared about my wishes. I just had to hope they would agree to my wish and let me go.

"I have thought about my wishes and I want to move, dad. Sophia is so lovely and they treat me like a part of their family. And I know that you actually don't want me to stay here anyway." I said.

My parents looked at me in shock. I had never spoken up to them before but I had to say this because it was the truth. They, mainly dad, didn't want me to stay with them because my baby would be bad for the family.

But that wasn't the reason why I had decided like I did. I just wanted to live with people who really looked at me as a part of their family. And I really hoped that they would think of my wishes and not theirs this time.

Hello!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Thank you for reading ❤