Part 14

One fear down. How many others to go.

I made a really stupid decision. I got the tattoo on the inside of my wrist which hurts a lot more than it would have in other places.

I'm currently walking out of the parlour and in to the pit. As I try to walk up the stairs I feel like someone is following me. I stop in my tracks and turn around. No ones there. I blame it on the events that happened earlier in the day. I turn around and continue to walk through a dimly lit corridor. But this time I hear footsteps. I speed up in to a light jog and I hear the footsteps fasten pace as well. All of a sudden I stop and turn around to reveal four and zeke sprinting towards me. Unfortunately they don't stop in time and collide in to me full force making us all fall. Once we come to a stop we all burst out laughing.

"Why were you following me." I laugh/ask.

"We just wanted to see how you got on." Zeke breathes out.

"Well I'm fine." I get up and brush the dirt off of me before helping them both up.

"I'm gonna go back to the dorms. Get some sleep before tomorrow" I tell them before sprinting back to the dorms. No one seems to be in the room so I get changed and fall in to a deep sleep.

--

When I wake up I realise everyone else is still asleep. I shower, get changed and head out to get breakfast. When I walk in barely anybody is here. I look around for a familiar face but the only one I see is Eric's. He's sitting at a normal table instead of the leaders. I make a risky choice and sit next to him.

"What do you want initiate." He tiredly asks.

"I technically don't want anything. Just so happens that your one of the only people here that I know that can help me with what I need." I explain.

"Well what do you need." He briefly asks whilst sipping some orange juice.

"I need you to do what you do best. Be mean. "

He puts his cup  down and stares at me questioningly.

"I may not be erudite but I know to use this time well. I've been through some of my fears and I'm trying to get over as many as I can." I explain.

"Your scared of people saying nasty things." He states smugly

"No. What I'm scared of is dealing with the truth and disappointment from others. Henceforth please rain your nasty words and ruin my day."

"Okay. I'll start. Your such a disappointment. Who is even scared of needles. I'm sure a stiff isn't even scared of them."

"Well I actually got over that fear."

"Nobody even likes you. Your own supposed best friends tried to kill you."

"That's because they were to scared to own up to who they truly were."

"Your useless, pathetic and a waste of space." He spits

I show no emotion through all of it.

"I think you can handle it." He adds with a smug smirk. I simply nod before getting up and leaving the hall that was starting to fill up. As I make my way out I bump into Uriah.

"Hey baby bro. Is mom home?"

"Yeah. She's cleaning." He tells me before scurrying in to the cafeteria. I understand that everyone loves food but when your big sister who is going through initiation, the hardest part of dauntless life, is talking to you it would be a bit more respectful if he said something's my along the lines of : hi A. Mom is at home but how are you. I understand that this must be hard but we're all proud of you. If you need anything I'm always here for you.

But nooooooo he walks away barely making conversation with me. I understand that we're not amity and we don't need to be prissy and kind but it would've been a better answer.

I make my way alone bf the dark hallways that are lit up by neon signs. I reach the living quarters and start to look for my home. 321,322,323. I walk in and see my mother sitting down drawing. When I enter she stops and stares at me.

"My baby girl." She runs over and engulfs me in a hug. "I've missed you so much"

"I've missed you to mom."

"So I've only heard a few facts from zeke but tell me what's been happening."

"I've just been training really hard. I passed the first stage and they even got me to show the transfers. I think I'm doing alright with my fears. Of course it's hard but I guess I need to deal with it." I explain

"I'm so proud of you. I need to go to work but I hope to see you later." She tells me whilst putting in her shoes.

"Bye mom."

"By ari."