Part 7: Beauty and The Beast (Suga)

"Tale as old as time, Song as old as rhyme, Beauty and the Beast, Woah a-a-ay, Beauty and, Beauty and the Beast"

The two sat in a comfortable silence eating their breakfast while stealing glances of each other ever so often. They have had eaten together before, but it was always a rare event that Yoongi came down to eat with her. When they do eat together it is always quiet with a little conversation every once in awhile, and she was always the one to start it. So it surprised Angelica when Yoongi broke the silence that had fell upon them.

"Why aren't you scared of me?", he mumbled loud enough for Angelica to hear.

"U-um well, I don't know, there just isn't a reason to, you've never done anything to me to make me scared of you. In fact you have treated me fairly well considering I'm your prisoner."

Yoongi chuckled slightly, "It usually doesn't matter if I do something or not, people just look at me and cower in fear."

"Well, they just don't know you that's all. I'm sure if you opened up a little, and they took the time to get to know you, they wouldn't feel that way", Angelica stated, hoping what she was saying was true.

Yoongi was shocked that she felt that way, he looked her in eyes before asking nervously, "You think so?"

"Yes, I really do."

"Then . . . would you like to get to know me?"

Now it was Angelica's turn to be shocked. She had been hoping he would open up to her, but she didn't actually think he would and so soon. Smiling she replied, "Yeah, I would love to."

A small smile appeared on the Beast's face as he said, "Then what would you like to know?"

Angelica looked down at the table, beginning to play with her hands, "Well, if you don't mind . . .", she looked up again staring into his dark brown eyes, "I want to know how you came to look like this."

Startled he asked, "What do you mean by that?"

"I know you weren't always a beast, there are paintings in the castle of an older couple with a small boy with them. It wouldn't make sense to have those if they didn't mean something to you, so what turned you into what you are now?"

Yoongi was in a slight daze, he had forgotten there were still paintings of his parents and him in the castle. He had only taken down the paintings of just himself so he wouldn't have to look at them.

"Yoongi? Are you okay?", Angelica called out in concern for he wasn't responding.

Snapping out of his daze at her voice he looked at her again, "Yes, I'm fine."

"You don't have to tell is you don't want to, I understand."

After a long pause, Yoongi sighed, "No . . . it's alright. You wanted to know more about me, so I'll tell you."

Then Yoongi began the long story of how he had came to be the Beast and no longer the man he once was. All the while, Angelica sat and listened full-heartedly to the story of his past. Ever since she found those paintings a month ago, she had wanted to know about his past and now she was finally getting to hear it from him personally. After Yoongi told her his past, leaving out the part of the rose, they made their way to the lounge where he asked her about her past.

"So why were you in the woods by yourself?", Yoongi asked as he made himself comfortable on his large black leather chair, looking down at Angelica who was sitting on the floor near his feet, petting his dog, or now his footstool, V.

This caused Angelica to drop her gaze back down to V who was curled up on her lap, her eyes turning sad. She had been trying to forget what had happened the day she ran into the woods, but she knew she had to answer him for he had told her his past.

"I . . . ran away from the village I live in."

"Why?", Yoongi asked, curious.

Sighing Angelica began to tell Yoongi what had happened that day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next chapter is going to be a flash back to when she ran into the forest.