"Good In Goodbye

So this is something new that I thought I would try out. This one shot is kind of sad but I thought I would try it out. Let me know what you think!
________________________

I heard you laughing in a crowd outside a restaurant we used to go to. I caught a glimpse that stopped me in my tracks, it took me back.

Maya was walking past Topanga's when she heard a very familiar laugh. Maya walked over to the top of the stairs at Topanga's and looked down to see one of her ex's Joshua Matthews standing with a group of friends that was fixing to go into Topanga's.

You looked happy, with that little girl up on your shoulders, happy. I know where she got those crystal eyes of blue. Times been sweet to you.

Maya smiled as she watched Josh laugh at something that his friends had told him. She smiled even bigger as she looked up and saw a little dark headed girl that looked just like Josh sitting up on his shoulders. The little girl looked her way and Maya saw her blue eyes which immediately reminded her of Josh. There was no doubt in Maya's mind that she wasn't Josh's kid.

As bad as it was, as bad as it hurt. I think God I didn't get what I thought that I deserved.

It must have been eight years since Josh and Maya had ended things between them. Maya could still remember the day that she ended everything.

"You know what Josh! If you can't trust me enough to let me go out with guy friends by my self then maybe we should break up!" Maya yelled at her boyfriend as they were standing the their shared apartment in college.

"Maya listen to yourself! I'm just trying to look after you and make sure you don't get hurt or he doesn't do anything stupid!" Josh yelled back trying to talk some sense into Maya. Maya shook her head.

"No! What your doing is being controlling! I'm done with it we're through!" Maya yelled as she walked out of the apartment and never seeing Josh again.

Maya knew she had been ridiculous when it had come to that fight. Josh was just trying to protect her from something happening. Maya loved Josh and she regretted the fight that she had with him. But now as she looked on what life had given them both after their break up she was sure that it was probably best that they didn't end up together. Maya honestly thought she was not going to be able to find happiness after Josh because she didn't think she deserved it. She had broke his heart and walked out on him like her dad had her mom. In her opinion she was a horrible person.

Sometimes life, leads you down a different road. When you're holding on to someone, that you got to let go.

Maya remembered when she had come to her senses about the fight that she had with Josh. She remembered how bad she had felt afterwards but she also remembers when Josh had decided to give up on her and move on with someone else.

"Uncle Josh is moving on Maya. It's time you did too. After all you were the one that walked out." Maya nodded her head as she was talking to her best friend in her room. She had always thought that her and Josh would make up and get back together, but as more time drifted on by Maya knew that the possibility of that happening were getting slimmer and slimmer.

"I never expected it to go this far." Maya stated as she was looking through an old photo album of her and Josh.

"Maybe it wasn't meant to be in the first place. Maybe life is trying to tell you to let him go, Maya."

Maya remembered that day to well. She didn't want to think of their someday coming to an end but she also knew it was for the best. Josh looked so much more happy with whoever he was with them he did with her.

Someday you'll see the reason why, there's good in goodbye.

Josh and Maya were always so stressed with each other, they had financial problems, jealousy issues and neither of them liked each other's friends. Though they did have so much fun together and had so many great times together. They always seemed to find the good in the bad but they had to let go of each other sometime.

I don't regret it, the time we had together I won't forget it. But we both ended up where we belong, I guess goodbye made us strong.

Maya remembered the time that Josh and her would just cuddle up and talk on the couch, when they would go on small vacations together on the weekends before school started back on a Monday, when he would give her advise about her future. Josh was the one that made Maya realize she wanted to be a teacher with art. He helped her with so much. He was the guy that helped Maya realize that if she got married it wouldn't be a bad thing.

There had been a lot of guys Maya had dated after Josh and that she had or they had broken up with her, although none of them could compare to the hurt that it was when it was Josh. In the end Maya knew that the lives they live today are where they are supposed to be rather it was with each other or not.

And yeah I'm happy, I found somebody to who makes me happy. And I knew one day I'd see you on the street, and it'd be bitter sweet.

Maya knew this day would come. The day she saw Josh again. She didn't expect it to be like this though. She remembered a conversation that Riley was telling her about that she had with Josh. One that made her smile.

"I loved Maya. I really did. And even though that day was horrible and it took me a long time to get over I'm half that it happened. I hate the way we ended things the way we did but, I'm happy. So happy I can't even explain it. So Riley next time you see Maya tell her I said thank you. I won't ever forget the times that we had together but I think it was best for the both of us to end things."

Maya smiled as she thought back to the conversation.

"Are you ready to go babe?" Maya smiled at the man who came up to her and put his arm around her.

"Yeah. I'm ready." She said as she took one last look at Josh and walked away with her hand in the man's.

Sometimes, yeah sometimes, there's good in goodbye.
___________________________
That was kind of crappy but I thought that I would give it a shot and see why y'all thought. I promise that I won't be doing ones where Josh and Maya aren't together regularly I just thought I'd give this a shot.