Epilogue 4/4

Bailey

We have danced for hours. My feet hurt but I wouldn't trade this night for any other. It was perfect. Lucas got away with a big surprise, but it might have been because I was distracted with my own surprise.

I hold him tight, our hands clasped together and the other flat against his back as he spins me around under the twinkling lights strung over us. His lips kiss my head and then my cheek. I can hear the boys in the background, laughing and talking and maybe I haven't known them very long, but they feel like they are mine too. My friends, my protectors, my family.

"Thank you, Lucas," I tell him.

"You're welcome," he says and then kisses my lips. "I thought for sure I would slip and give away the surprise."

"Surprises are hard to keep," I agree. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much.

"Tell me about it," he says with a relieved sigh.

I know it was rhetorical, but I kiss his cheek and lift up higher on my toes. "Surprises are hard to keep when you're keeping them from your best friend." I pull back so I can look him in the eyes. His are hazy with love and champagne. I can't help but kiss him again. His hand squeezes mine tighter and he pulls me closer.

"I think I'm the surprise master," he says. "No one can top this."

I laugh when he spins me around quickly, dipping me beneath the lights. When he rights me again, I'm shaking my head. He's looking at me curiously.

"I'm the surprise master," I tell him. When he stops rocking us I smile and hold his face gently between my hands. "You're going to be a daddy. Happy anniversary, love." 

******Hope you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading. Don't forget my story Our Broken Pieces is out August 8th, 2017 with HarperTeen. I'd love your support in picking it up in paperback or ebook. You can also signup for my newsletter at sarahLwhite.com and follow me on Instagram and Twitter (at) SarahWhiteWrite. I'm also on Facebook and Pinterest! ******