Chapter 29: Zu Matriarch

A/n: I'm sorry for the absence. I've been through shits this several months and I just don't know why, I've contracted a sore eyes, deleted my flash drive which has my project and several activities (which I had to do all over again) and I even had a fight with a close fam.

*sigh*

All shits aside, I finally manage to drag my lazy self to write this...

Next chapter will be either tomorrow or this night.

***

"You... How many millenniums have you actually lived?" The Zu Clan Matriarch asked as she stared at Rui Wei's face waiting for a change on her face.

"Who knows? I stopped counting after 5,000." Rui Wei nonchalantly said, her eyes were also looking back to Zu Matriarch.

"..." The Zu Matriarch has seen how Rui Wei could change her tone of voice, appearance and even her very personality. So a matter of lying without blinking is completely natural for her, with this train of thought, Zu Matriarch could only sigh.

----

To understand the current situation one must first go back in 3 days time.

Rui Wei after spending her expenses on the materials for the talismans, the food that she has taken fancy on, and buying the expensive furniture that Ruzi destroyed. Her money has dramatically decreased, that even she couldn't believe it.

'I was such a spendthrift?!' After looking at the storage ring, Rui Wei couldn't help but have thoughts on the Imperial Family's Treasure.

'No, no, no. That's way too troublesome. And there is 89.9% chance of meeting those troublesome kids there!' Rui Wei erased that thought.

A/n: She's referring to the transmigrated assassin, the 9th prince and that convoy from Heavenly Palm Sect.

In the end, her last choice was the Auction House, after all, If you're in a Fantasy World this was the best way to earn a large sum of money without too much trouble, right...?

Rui Wei made her way towards the largest Auction House, the Murong Auction House. The Murong Auction House has the backing of the Imperial Family which is why their business has been smooth.

Walking down the streets Rui Wei blended with the crowds.

From time to time Rui Wei would notice blurred shadows, appearing and disappearing.

'Uwahh, the sun hasn't even set and these guys are already active?!'

Rui Wei is just walking down the streets and the things that she witnessed is already enough for the Imperial Family and Large Clans to drool over. With this kind of information at hand, Rui Wei's thoughts also drifted on going to some assassin guild and sell information. Although she would have to trouble herself to make an act, just so those crafty foxes would believe her source of information.

----

After changing her appearance she went and rented a noble carriage. The carriage she rented was quite expensive but it was necessary for her image, as she is attending a large Auction House that is backed by the Imperial Family.

Rui Wei's current appearance is a middle-aged man.

Time passed quickly as the carriage stopped at the Murong Auction House. Rui Wei left the carriage and smoothly entered the Auction House before she stepped into the Auction House her brows furrowed as her smile became stiff.

Everyone inside the Auction House was familiar with each other, as the people who could enter the Murong Auction House are the Large Power House house of the Dragonsvein Kingdom. And she as a new person would, without doubt, garner their attention.