Chapter 30

Elise's POV

Nervousness and fear starts to sets its self in as I'm walking through the halls of my school. Not much has happened to me since I've arrived and it's strange. Not one person has whispered, pointed, or said anything to me. Did something else happen that over ruled my situation? But then again, the last time I let my guard down, didn't end well.

After getting all of my belongings out of my locker, someone appears on the other side of me. My body tenses and my heart starts to beat more rapidly. Turning my head, my eyes widen at who's standing right next to me. It's Daniel. My breathing quickens as a flash back to what happened the last time he was this close to me plays.

"Uh...hey" he says with a slight smile.

I pull my books close to my body, showing my uncomfortablness. And out of fear, my eyes start to water making me back up away from him. He notices this and steps more close.

"W-wait!" He says hurriedly. "I-I'm not going to hurt you" his voice gentle.

Tears start to poor out as I shake my head and start to step back some more. He already did. He hurt me in more ways than one. In ways I didn't think were possible. He has no right to say that.

"I promise...I'm not"

At the the mention of that, I tense and actually look into his eyes this time. "You promise?" I sob out. At that, he goes into realization and puts his hands out to me. I back away again more tears coming out.

"Look...I know I-" he starts.

"No! You don't know anything and you know what-" I interrupt him. I open and close my mouth about release all the anger and sadness I've been holding in this whole time. But I realize yelling at him is not going to make anything better for either of us. "Never mind" I say shaking my head. "Just tell me what you want" I say in a more hushed tone. I don't care what he has to say. He lost my trust in him.

"Ok...I deserved that. But I just came here to ask if you could come to the cafeteria for lunch today?" He asks. When I don't say anything, he continues. "I know it's a weird request but, I need you to come" he pleads.

I shake my head at him. What if this is just another trick? He has already taken away my trust, my friendship, my friends...what do I have left that he could take away?

"Look...I didn't come here and try to talk you into talking to me again. Just please think about it"

That was the last thing he said until he turned around and left. The warning bell rings and after closing my locker, I headed to my first period thinking, should I do as he says?

*******

Trust. It's a strong thing. Takes time to build and just seconds to break. Something I've learned at a young age. But it's also something I lost now. The only people I could seem to trust are Lilly, Ky, and my parents, even though I haven't told them anything about what happened.

But the thing is, even though I didn't tell my parents, they never left my side, they try to do everything they can to make sure I feel ok. Every time they do something like that, makes me ache that they don't know what's going on.

"So, he asked if you could go to the cafeteria for lunch?" Lilly questions.

I nod my head. "I'm scared Lilly" I say my lips trembling. "I don't want to be more humiliated than I already am"

She brings me into a hug and pulls away. "He, uh...he came to me this morning too" Lilly says truthfully.

I give her a questioning look and she shakes her head and puts her hand up. "Look, at first I didn't believe anything he was explaining to me. But, he seemed very apologetic. And...he also explained to me what he was going to do..." she says trailing off.