Waiting Ch. 14

Chapter Fourteen

When I got to school the next day I told Kristi everything. She stared at me with wide eyes, and a slightly open mouth. When I finished, I could see the anger burn inside her eyes. "I'm going to kill him," She growled, grinding her teeth.

"I already took care of them," I told her, and then explained what I did to them.

"Well I'm going to kill them times two," She snapped, and bawled her hands into fists. I opened my mouth, about to protest, but she stormed away.

"Kristi," I called, "Please don't."

"Give me one good reason," She asked, stopping with her hands on her hips. Once again I didn't have an answer, so she just winked at me, and said, "Don't worry, I'll handle it."

I was scared to find out what she was going to do to them. Of course I let her go though, because they had it coming, and now there was no way to stop it.

I laughed to myself as I walked down the hall. "Hey Taylor," Mason called, when we passed each other in the hallway.

"Hey Mason," I muttered, blushing a little.

"These are my friends, Adam and James, guys this is Taylor," Mason said, smiling. Adam and James smiled at me, and gave me a half wave.

I blushed deeper, and smiled. "So your working with Mason?" Adam asked, "That's cool, I knew he would cave in soon enough, and hire someone. I'm just happy it's you, and not this lug head." He jabbed his thumb towards James while Mason laughed.

"It's not that hard," I told them, "And Mason takes most of the costumers."

"Well he's a control freak," James agreed, "I've heard him boss around some firefighters. I'm like, dude, you're a volunteer for a reason, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO THIS STUFF!"

I laughed, and so did Mason even though his face was flushed. "I'm not that big of a control freak," He muttered.

"Yeah whatever man," Adam laughed, "But I have to get to class. It was nice meeting you Taylor; I hope to see you around."

"Yeah me too," James agreed.

"See you guys later," I said, smiling at them.

When they left, Mason smiled down at me. "They're nice," I told him, "But why did you introduce me to them?" Nikolas didn't introduce me to his friends until about two weeks after we started dating, and Mason and I weren't even really dating yet either!

Mason shrugged. "I just wanted you to meet them," He told me, "They were supposed to be on their best behavior."

"Well they were," I answered, walking down the hall with him.

Mason smiled at me, and blushed again. "So you want to go out with me this Saturday?" He asked, looking at his feet.

Was it too soon? No. But then again I just broke up with Nikolas. Although Mason was the reason why I was going to break up with Nikolas. I turned my head, and looked at him. "Sure," I whispered.

Mason looked at me, and smiled brightly. I didn't know what to do, so I gave him a small smile back. "I'll come pick you up around 8," He told me, "See you!"

I waved as he walked back down the hallway. Suddenly Kristi was in front of me smiling, "I heard that! EPP! I'm so helping ou get ready!"

"Well he can't know you're there," I whispered.

"Well duh," She explained, giggling, "And don't worry about Nikolas, he's taken care of."

"Oh no," I muttered, "What did you do?"