17. Not His Sweetheart, but, Really!?

"I want you to assign responsibilities, request the information needed, instruct employees and announce the new strategic plans and decisions," Scarlett dictated, glancing at Grace, her assistant and she nodded. She shifted her attention towards other folders that required her signatures.

"Noted," Grace acknowledged taking the files from her. "What about the board meeting? Mr. Aaron still hasn't arrived yet." She informed her as she gave her a questioning frown.

"I have no idea about this!" Scarlett started, "Anyway, you carry on with the preparations. I will see what I can do." She announced as she walked out of her office room.

Instantly taking out her mobile phone, Scarlett reached out for him but it went unanswered, making the lines on her forehead turn deeper. It was strange. There was a meeting in less than 10 minutes and Aaron happened to withdraw. Obviously, she was worried.

However, wrapping up her current tasks, she found herself ready for the meeting.

"That's ridiculously stupid of you to think the setup would be ready by the end of this month," the presenter objected after another group member suggested the change in the plan.

"Definitely, it would," the former retorted as he glared at him, "Of course, only if you concentrate on the firm's errands first." He accused the latter and frowned in rage. Scarlett was highly disappointed by the petty verbal fight going on in front of her. The meeting was slowly turning so unprofessional.

"I'm sure no one would possibly agree to this one. Is anyone else stupid enough to think we could hit the setup to the time suggested by my friend here?" The presenter sarcastically mocked glaring daggers at the person who refused his terms.

"This is not the way to carry..." the latter could not finish his sentence as Scarlett interfered right away.

"We are having enough of this now." Getting up from her seat, she passed glares expressing displeasure and disappointment. "Can you set up your meeting first to reduce the levels of your conflict?" She scathingly uttered as they both continued glaring at each other. "We could think about the firm's setup later on tomorrow." Without further thought, Scarlett dismissed herself as she walked out of the meeting room. Surely, the typical employees had their fights for the position and that is exactly what gave them reasons to raise the divergence between them.

Getting back to her office, she found a certain number of missed call notifications. They were all from Leah. It was then she recalled their plans about dinner.

"Sorry, I totally forgot about it." She apologized to the person who was on the other side of the phone.

"As expected," she said in a bored tone, probably rolling her eyes.

Shifting her attention back to the subject, Scarlett spoke, "You said that you wanted me to meet someone right? See, I remember it." She giggled.

"Wow great! Thank you so much my dearest best friend." She sardonically mocked.

"I apologized alright, now speak," she retorted in a small voice, "I was busy though."
She briefly explained playing with the paperweight in front of me.

"Fine, stop being a drama queen," she chortles, making her chuckle, "I would take him to our favorite restaurant tonight. Please be there this time. Okay?" She requested emphasizing each word.