13: foible.

gildthelily has been absolutely incredible with supporting this story, so to thank you for being so kind and just truly one of the most amazing people, I dedicate a chapter to you x

<>

Foible (noun) ~ a minor weakness in someone's character.

<>

The morning light shone through my bedroom window, the gap created by the curtains allowed the sunshine to sneak in and awaken me. Even the the clouds were dark and the snow was still evident, the sunshine was that kind of bright and slightly warm when it hits your skin. Before I could really take a second to yawn and stretch out my limbs all of the memories from last night rolled back, replaying like an absolutely tragic monologue.

All of last night could've been totally different if I had just been nicer and understood Harry's very driven passion at being the best he can at his workplace, rather than act selfish and only guilt trip him due to me feeling lonely. Sure, he was the reason I felt lonely, but we haven't known each long enough for an argument like that to occur, it shouldn't have even occurred in the first place.

The silence that overthrew my apartment was deafening, it was loud — even though not a sound rung out. I knew he was gone, I gave him the option and I made him think that's what I wanted... He took the easy route out and I practically gave him the key. I sat up and rubbed my fingers under my eyes, collecting any smudged mascara I cried off last night and ridding my inner corners of sleep dust that settled there. I left my bedroom and once again I heard nothing, proving my point, he left because he couldn't see himself being with me in the long run. He left like I told him he could, I pushed him away like I seemed to push everyone else away. That's all I ever seem to do, that's the only thing I am good at – anyone could vouch for that.

I already miss him.

Suddenly a scream bounced out my throat as a head of messy brown gentle curls popped up from behind the marble counter of my kitchen. He's still here. He stayed. He never left me like I assumed he would. He placed his hand over his heart as he gasped loudly, utterly shocked that I was awake and that I screamed basically in his face.

"Jesus Luna! What's wrong?" He panicked.

"I thought you'd be gone," it took a moment for the words to register in his mind, before his hands pressed against the countertop to help him up from his kneeled position.

"You really thought I'd go?" He sighed sadly, making no attempts at getting closer to me as he pressed the front of his hips into the counter, leaning against it. The large gap between us managed to feel like an ocean. When I said nothing it almost seemed like he couldn't quite believe me, as though the fact that the thought crossed my mind was absolutely ludicrous. "Do you remember the first time you kissed me, and we kissed again, and again," he chuckled, a small smile remained on his lips as I nodded, a blush creeping up into my neck and settling in my cheeks. "The same day you told me your favourite shade of lilac, how you wanted a brother, your parents deaths, Bella —"

"What's your point, Harry?" I snapped, not in a rude way but because I remembered all of this, is was just over a week ago I wouldn't have forgotten already. Although I must say, I'm very pleasantly surprised he still remembers the list of things we spoke about, I'm sure if I let him continue listing off he'd have possibly recited the entire night we spoke.

"I told you I liked you and you said I didn't know you," he still remained stood behind the kitchen counter, my fingers itching to touch him. "I think I know you well enough now to understand my feelings, and I do like you Luna, a lot," he smiled warmly, making my insides flutter.