Chapter 64

There are a lot of emotions that a person should feel when they finally see their long lost family.
I mean after about two years of not seeing my family I'm supposed to be ecstatic right?
Overcome with a joyous feeling that surpasses all human understanding but that is directly connected to the mere bond that exists between family?

Wrong.
I stood there shell shocked staring at them.
For a moment I forgot myself and almost smiled at the sight of them.

Almost.

Hurt, rejection and disappointment flooded in all at once.
I had to stop myself from having various flashbacks.
Because they would only cause me to hurt more.

But I decided to mask all these feelings with a cold glare.
I couldn't let them get to me.
I wouldn't.

They looked far better than the last time I'd seen them.
Well groomed and fed not a single solitary scratch on their faces.

Impeccable, perfect little family.

While I had to nurse both my external and internal wounds.
That I acquired all in pursuit of their freedom.

What were they doing here anyway?
Shouldn't they have been at home by now?
Far away from me?

I sighed. And tried to steady my voice.

"What do you guys want?" My voice came out hoarse due on the unshed tears lodged in my throat.
I made sure I made no eye contact with them. I stared off into the distance admiring a nice snow vase in the corner I had never noticed up until now.

"Surely that is no way to speak to the people that raised you." My dad- Mr. Clark spoke.
He along with the others sat comfortably on the couch with wary looks on their faces.

Damon had now fully stepped into the house and shut the door behind him.
They all suddenly sat up and looked more alert now.

I wonder if they knew he was a wolf too?

"Ah really you remember that now don't you?" I spat at him.
He flinched a little.

He has some guts saying that to me.
So they know they raised me, now do they?

"Listen sweetie, you have to understand why we did what we did, we were scared."
Mr. Clark tried to explain whilst gesturing to his wife and Gabriella who was held tightly in her mothers arms.
They all looked scared.

Of me?

I snorted. You'd known me for sixteen years, never once had I done anything for you to be scared of.
It took one night to change that, drastically.

"You were scared?" I could feel the tears stinging my eyes as I held them back. "That justifies you kicking me out of your home when you knew I had no where else to go. Did you ever stop to think about how scared I was? And don't you ever call me that again." I said referring to the 'sweetie' he called me.

I do not appreciate any form of endearment from them. They lost the right to do so a long time ago.

How dare he. How dare they.
Trying to victimise themselves.

They never tried to understand things from my point of view. They never tried to imagine how I must have felt in that moment.
But I should understand them?

My temper was slowly rising.
My hands were beginning to shake.

"You kicked me out. Then you moved out of our house. Remember, our home? Did I really mean nothing to you? You were all that I'd known my entire life. And you kicked me out without a single ounce of remorse."