Why Do I Care?

YN POV:

I lay in bed staring at the cream-colored ceiling. My EC eyes felt heavy, but I knew I couldn't sleep just yet. My "father" would return soon, and would put me straight to work. I groaned at the thought and lazily sat up. I took a book to keep me awake.

EJ POV:

I found the house I've been looking for. It took me awhile; it's pretty concealed and isolated from the town of TN. I circled the house, looking for an easy way in. The doors and windows were locked, and all the lights were off. Except for one. I climbed the very convenient tree next to the window to see if anyone was home. A HC girl was reading at a desk. She didn't seem to notice me. She was... pretty, I suppose. Pretty enough that I didn't want to kill her. I heard a door slam and the girl shut her book quickly, fear evident on her SC face.
"YN! Get down here right now!" Her face paled as she put her book down. She cautiously opened her door and crept downstairs. I was ordered to kill this family, but I couldn't. I couldn't kill YN. I quickly climbed down and went to the next lit window, where YN and who I assumed to be her father were. He was slapping her when I peered inside. I felt rage building up inside of me, but I couldn't understand why. I quickly gripped my scalpel and knocked on the door. Not the most typical approach, but I saw no other option to stop the man from hurting YN.

YN POV:

My vision was blurry with tears as he was slapping me. I was about ready to snap when...
There was a knock on the door. "Father" went to go open it, and he dropped dead. I couldn't see who was there; my vision was blurred by tears. But I knew I had to hide. I scrambled to my feet and hurried up the stairs to my room. Before I did, however, I turned on the light to my "father"'s room and closed the door behind me as I scurried to my room and turned off the light. I decided not to lock the door; it would only make it obvious I was hiding there. I dashed into my closet, and stood completely still, hoping he didn't find me.

EJ POV:

After I killed him, I made myself a meal. I stored the leftovers and went to find YN. Her father's room was just down the hall, and the door was closed. I smirked. To my surprise, it was unlocked. I checked the whole room, even the closet, but didn't find her. So she's a smart one, huh? I checked the other rooms, no YN. Her house is quite large! I finally got to YN's room and scanned my surroundings. Nothing. That left the closet. I chuckled to myself as I slowly opened the door, revealing a scared HC girl shivering in the corner. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her out, gently.
"Pack your things. You won't be living here anymore." She just nodded and scrambled out of the closet. I left her room to let her pack.