Ashes To Ashes

•C/Y: Current Year

Your POV:

I used whatever knowledge I had that could medically help Ash, since I couldn't use my Google mind at the moment. It would take too long to search it the normal way or go back and forth between universes, so I chose to go with what I knew. I had to remove Ash's upper clothing (he wears quite a bit of layers by the way), so I could see how bad I hurt him.

'That is definitely going to scar. Those angel wings sure did a number on-wait a second...' I look behind me and face palm.

"I still have his damn wings on! Oh well, I'll deal with them later." I clean off the blood with the water in the tub. His pants got wet in the process, but oh well. That's his problem not mine! Then I used disinfectant on his cuts and a cream for bruises. I was probably going to have to give him stitches. I continued on tending to his injuries as he stirred from his sleep.

"W-where am I?" His smooth voice was now raspy.

"In my home," I respond simply. He slowly turned to look at me and winced from the movement.

"Why does it hurt?"

"Don't you remember?" I rose an eyebrow. He flinched, and his eyes widened.

"Y-yes." He closed his eyes and groaned each time I touched his back. "Why are you helping me?"

"What point is there in turning you human if you die right after?" I half joke.

"I suppose." His eyes were glazed with tears. "I'm unclean now..."

I laugh at his choice of words, which confuses him.

"What?"

"I just washed off your back, and you're saying you're unclean."

He gave me a small smile.

"Good. I thought you changed. It looks as though you're still childish."

"Excuse me?"

He chuckles softly before wincing.

"So, what will you do now?"

"I don't know yet. I guess I could always keep you here. You served your punishment, and I'm not mean enough to kick you out into the streets, especially here."

"What do you mean by that?"

"We are in America, C/Y."

"You're joking?" His eyes widen in disbelief. I gave him a serious face, showing I wasn't lying.

"This is my real home. I'll explain more another time."

"O-okay." He screams in pain when I press too hard on his wounds.

"Sorry." To my surprise, he chuckles. I raise a brow at him. "What?"

"My wings."

"Oh, yeah. I forgot to take them off."

He stared at them longingly.

"You're not getting them back."

He sighed sadly and faced away from me.

"Yes, I know."

I sigh, feeling slightly bad, and pat his head before standing up.

"I'm gonna fix up my parent's room. You can sleep in there."