A New Day

Your POV:

"Morning, Ash. How are you feeling?" I ask as I entered the room he was in.

"Not much better." He winces.

"Well, your injuries are healing good so far. I had to go to the store for bandages." I hold up the plastic bag full of medical supplies. "Can you sit up?"

He nodded and shakily pushed himself up. He grunts in pain, but manages. I take a seat beside him and got to work on the bandages around his body. He winced every now and then until I eventually finished.

"You are still in your clothes from last night," he notes. I looked down at my attire.

"So I am. No wonder people were giving me odd looks. Oh well." I laugh lightly before standing up. "I'm gonna make breakfast. What do you want?"

"Breakfast? I-I don't know."

"Didn't you eat as an angel?" I rose a brow. I knew Sebastian didn't eat, but did angels?

"Not really. It wasn't necessary."

I sigh in frustration.

"Oatmeal it is!" With that, I head to the kitchen. After making breakfast, I got a phone call from my mother. I answer it.

"Hello?"

"Hello, sweetie! How have you been?"

My mind flashed to all the memories of last night.

"Wonderful."

"That's good to hear! I have great news for you."

"Really? What?"

She had peeked my interest.

"We are ahead of schedule over here, so we should be back home in two or three months! Isn't that great!?"

"...yeah."

'Oh crap! Where am I gonna hide Ash?'

"I promise this time me and your father are going to spend more time with you from now on!" What a false promise. They say that every time.

"That's great, but," I sigh. "Mom, I want to move out."

She went silent on the other end.

"Move out? But, why?"

"Mom, you two have left me alone for most of my life, and now something amazing happened to me. I'm going to move out, but I promise I'll visit you."

"Well, if that's what you want, but promise you'll stay until we get there."

"Okay, I will. I want to show you guys something anyway."

"Love you, dear."

"Love you too. Bye." I hung up with a relieved sigh.

"Okay, Ash, breakfast is ready!" I brought him his food and sat beside him with my own. He ate a spoonful of the oatmeal slowly, taking in its flavor.

"Is something wrong?'' I raise an eyebrow.

"Hmm? No, it's fine." He ate more. "Who were you speaking to?"

"My mom."

He rose an eyebrow. I pulled out my phone to show him.

"This is the telephone of the future.''