2.00

song for this chapter; the draw

on the external + side link thing

enjoy

/i really miss being around. and i really miss euphoria. i posted a whole explanation on why it's gone on my message board, but message me for any questions/

// 

December 6th 2015

15:02 am.

South London

Audrey Street, 14

Dakota and Louis' flat / Living Room

               Dakota stared at Louis from across the room. He was inhaling death slowly before freeing it in the clouded air. The smoke had taken over the pure oxygen, and poor Dakota was stuck with inhaling the poison air whilst holding her breath in, praying she wouldn’t cough.

               Observing was always a thing Dakota had in her skills. She would observe anything she could, and right now Louis was what she was observing. His thumb and index finger were holding the cigarette in a fashion that seemed gentle, as he slowly sucked the life out of the stick. He pulled it out of his mouth, tilted his head back slightly and released the smoke in the air, a cloud forming.

               Smoking wasn’t cool, but things that weren’t cool always looked cool on Louis.

               “Why do you smoke, Louis?”

               Louis sighed, as he released some more smoke. “Haven’t we gone over this, babe?”

               Dakota peered away shamefully, but nodded. “We have, but what does it feel? The feeling of it in your mouth?”

               Louis’ eyebrow perked up in interest. “Would you like to try?”

               “No, no,” Dakota shot down his suggestion immediately. She hated the thought of herself becoming like him. She hated the thought of being addicted to something that was killing you.

               Louis huffed in reply, and leaned back in the sofa. “Well then will you shut up?”

               “I just want to know what leads the addiction?” Dakota asked eagerly. “What keeps you coming back to the thing that kills you?”

               Louis huffed, but broke out in a grin. A grin that made Dakota want to crawl and hide. A grin that spoke a million words, but only two words to Dakota; sweet devil.

               “It’s a draw I suppose,” Louis mumbled setting aside his cigarette. “You try it once – it’s different. Strangely different. Something you haven't had before and it intrigues you. You promise yourself you won’t go back to it – the euphoria that comes with it isn’t worth it. Nothing is worth it.

               Yet sadly, you do go back. The curiosity of the next step – stage if you will, eats you alive. You need it. You need the adventure that comes with it. The bliss. The excitement.

               So you go back. And from that moment, there is no returning. You’re completely hooked to it and there’s no way out. It’s on your mind everyday and every single bloody minute, and that is what your life has become. You being addicted.

               People warn you – tell you the dangers, but you don’t listen. You don’t care. You don’t give a shit about those people, and soon those people drift away from you and become strangers with a heedless mind. You lose your mind over your addiction.

               You get hurt, screwed over. You get looked at, stared at, glared at. But that doesn’t matter. It’s an addiction because all you want to do is have it. All the pain that comes with it is deserved and so, so worth it darling.”

               Then Dakota thought, we have more in common than I thought.