14

Evelyn's POV

Paddy, Tess and I all sat underneath a tree on a blanket at a quiet park. I prepared us some sandwiches and fruit for us to eat, stuffing it in neatly in a back pack along with juice and water. I had also decided to bring Tessa's ball and dog treats given to me by Nicola.

Tessa was laying down at the end of the lilac colored picnic blanket while Paddy and I sat in the middle with the back pack resting up against the tree. I reached up for my back pack putting it in my lap, I grabbed out the containers of food I had packed and laid it out. I dug out the plastic forks for the fruit.

"What did you do when I was gone?" I asked popping off the lid of the fruit container off before handing the fork to Paddy.

"I just hung out with my friends mainly, the house is so quiet now with Tom and Harry gone."  He shrugged his shoulders stabbing a piece of cantaloupe.

"Imagine being on a plane with them." I laughed, shaking my head.

"Do people find it weird that you and Tom are best friends? Or that you guys were?" Paddy asked, his mouth full of fruit. I nodded my head before swallowing.

"Oh yeah definitely, people always assumed we were dating. But I dunno, even though I went to an all girls school Tom was the one who was there for me the most. I still have my girl best friend who you know, Kaya. But I haven't talked to her all summer cause she's in Italy right now. And she decided to go on a no phone interaction this summer. She's like my girl version of Harrison." I explained to Paddy before retrieving the bag pulling out the waters and giving one to him while talking.

"I always hoped you guys would date and get married."

I looked at Paddy shaking my head with a smile on my lips. While I thought in my head me too Paddy, me too.

"Really?" I asked, as Tessa came over to lay in between me and Paddy. He nodded his head slowly, picking up more fruit with his fork.

"Yeah, that's why I never really liked Tom's girlfriends because I always expected them to be like you." My heart melted.

"Were they nice to you?" I asked. He shrugged his shoulders chewing slowly.

"I didn't really talk to them, Mum wasn't a big fan either. I guess his most recent one was okay, the one he had when he first got Tess. Did you meet her?" I scoffed and nodded my head rolling my eyes.

"How do you think they got together? She was my friend first and when I introduced her to Tom I was like nonexistent to the her." I sighed.

"Yeah, I don't remember you hanging out with them, my mum said you had gone on holiday but you were gone for so long, and when I did ask they would get sad and not answer."

I stopped chewing my food furrowing my eyebrows. Is that really what they had told Paddy? I guess it was pretty heavy for an eight year old to hear that the one girl he looked up to was hospitalized.

"I wasn't on holiday actually." I pulled out the container for the sandwiches and placed them in front of us.

"Then where were you?"

"I was put in a hospital, I was sick for quite a while but I'm better now." I replied with a sad smile. Not wanting to break it to him.

"What happened?" He asked.

"I was going through a rough time in my life, and I thought that doing certain things would help me but it only made things worse." I pulled off the lid to the sandwiches and handed Paddy one.

"So how were you sick?" He asked his soft eyes looking into mine as he held the sandwich with  both hands.

"I was sick in the head, but I promise you I'm not a crazy psycho killer who was put in an asylum. Uhhh, I had mental health problems. And sometimes when you have mental health problems it can affect your body." I explained taking a bite out of my sandwich.

"Oh..."

"But you're okay now right? It won't happen again?" He asked concerned as I chewed my food slowly. I nodded my head furrowing my eyebrows.

"I was young and stupid, I thought that starving myself would make me perfect and happy but Paddy. No one can be prefect but that doesn't mean you can't be happy." I smiled at him pulling a piece of my bread off of my sandwich and gave a piece to Tessa.

"So enough of the sad talk Padster... any girls you have interest in?" I teased wiggling my eyebrows.

___________________

"Hi kids how was the park?" Paddy's dad asked coming into the living room where Paddy laid down on the couch with Tessa as I cleaned out the trash from the back pack in the kitchen.

"Good, it's kinda hot outside." Paddy said his attention on the television as he pet Tessa slowly.

"Yeah it wasn't too crowded, we were basically the only ones there." I said my voice kind of louder so he could hear me as I shut the cabinets.

"When are you guys going for ice cream I think Sam wanted to join." Dom asked coming into the kitchen as I zipped up the backpack I had used.

"Paddy when do you want to go?" I asked to the boy who was almost half asleep.

"Later." He mumbled.

"Whenever later is." I laughed replying to his father.

"You guys going to the ice cream place that you always go to the one you always go to with..." Dom cut short, as if Tom's name is poison to my ears. Although it did hurt me to think of all the memories with him.

"Tom?" I asked. The older man nodded his head.

"Uhh yeah, it's okay really you can say his name." I shrugged my shoulders resting against the counter top.

"Are you sure you and Nokia aren't friends anymore because you're taking this quite well than I would have thought." He asked using Tom's nickname he had gotten when he was younger.

"I guess Tom isn't the only great actor around here is he?" I spoke with a sad smile on his face. Dom looked at me with soft sad eyes and engulfed me in a hug.

"You will be okay Evie, I know you will. He's my son, but he sure is an idiot. Nothing can separate you guys, that boy just needs a little knock to the head to put him in the right place." He spoke quietly so Paddy couldn't hear our sad conversation.

"You're his best friend he'd die with out you there for him." He added as he released me from his grip.

"So once he comes back, you two just need to talk it out. Just listen to each other okay?" He instructed me and I nodded my head.

"Okay, good because we can't have family game night with all of us boys, Nikki would go crazy with us and Harrison." He laughed, I smiled back at him.

"I guess so." I shrugged my shoulders.

"So you're gonna talk to him tomorrow?" He asked.

"Tomorrow?" I questioned.

"Yes he's coming home tomorrow."

"I thought he's still in Atlanta filming?!" I asked becoming panicked.

"He went to Atlanta last week while you were in France."

"Oh shit, sorry. Paddy you didn't hear that!" I called to Paddy after swearing. Paddy gave me a thumbs up from the couch.

"I wasn't in Paris for that long right?" I question confused, now just realizing I didn't count my days I had spent in France.

"You were there for a week or two." Sam interrupted coming into the conversation.

I muttered to myself swear words, as the Holland men stared at me.

"You two will be fine, you guys can't avoid each other forever." Sam commented grabbing a glass of water as I ran my fingers through my hair.

"Yeah I wish." I mumbled rocking back and forth on my heels.