Chapter 2- "Ugly little reindeer"

It was indeed a very sleepless night. After Dominic had given me my present and all I replied was "mate", he gave me a smile and told me to meet him tomorrow morning. Tomorrow morning which was now 5 hours and 43 minutes away.

As I was lying on the bed, I couldn't help but smile like a complete idiot.

Dominic was my mate.

The Beta who lived next door to me in the pack house.

The Beta who always liked to call me "Runt".

The very Beta which almost every unmated wolf swooned over was mine. All mine. 

I was beyond happy at the thought of someone finally loving me, and I couldn't have been happier at the fact that it was Dominic, the same person who held my hand all those years ago and led me through the front doors of this pack house. And as I was comfortably snuggled in my homemade quilt, I thought of all the future possibilities of our lives together. 

I could imagine cuddling next to him, holding his hand during pack meetings, and the touch of his lips on mine. It was too perfect. I had never looked at my best friend this way, it was strange but nice. I mentally thanked the Moon Goddess for pairing me with the most perfect person. 

I flipped my pillow to the other side, embracing the cooler side of the pillow in the hot and thick air and wondered how Amber and Arizona would react when I would tell them... When will I tell them? I thought, snatching my phone from my bedside table and typing faster than the speed of light. I squinted as the bright light hit my eyes in the dead of the night, I wasn't even wearing my glasses but still managed to type out everything. 

I knew it would be better to tell them face to face, but I could hardly contain my excitement. They also needed to help me choose my outfit for tomorrow morning. It was funny though, considering that Dom had seen me in just about everything-- From embarrassing pajamas to hideous Christmas sweaters-- But I think it would be nice if I at least tried to look presentable. This whole mate thing was a big deal.

I suddenly grimaced, thinking of how Dom saw me last night. I imagined it perfectly: A tiny and skinny girl with dark auburn-brown hair sloppily tied into a ponytail which was matted in sweat, wearing a graphic t-shirt and shorts. She was just standing there with bad posture and her mouth probably hanging open making the whole situation more awkward then necessary. 

Damn. I must've looked ugly as hell. 

Tomorrow, I definitely needed to step up my outfit game and make this boy fall over when he sees me.  I'm pretty sure there was a dress in my messy closet somewhere and that my legs where shaved... Right?

I yawned. That was way too much excitement for one night, probably the best present a girl could ever get. 

5 hours and 17 minutes left.

I tried to get my mind off of him and allowed myself to close my eyes and think about the current book I was reading. Shortly after, I fell asleep, not hearing the small alert from my phone of a text message reply.

***********************************************************************

I didn't know whether it was the early rays of sunlight that flashed in my eyes or the rapid knocking at my door, but I was awake. 

I groggily caught a glimpse of the time which read 6 am. 

Who the hell would be here so early in the morning? I thought, as the knocking became much more consistent and noticeably louder.

"Come in!" I called out, too lazy to get the door myself.

Then, my heart rate became a thousand times faster and I found myself fully awake as a thought struck my mind right when the doorknob turned. What if it was... Dominic? I knew that he was a morning person, but surely he didn't mean for me to meet him this early? He'd known me for eight years now, and he knew not to barge into my room before 11 am so what was he-