Chapter Thirteen; Bruises ✓

This chapter will be tackling a sensitive topic so please read with caution. I can't tell you to skip to the next chapter because this chapter has deep details on the characters but please do as you want. I just want to put this warning here.

Chapter Thirteen; Bruises

Ria's POV

"Alright. Spill," I asked him as he gripped his sweater down. I was about to yank his hand but remember the pain he had in his eyes when I did earlier. I sigh and put my hand over his. "Please. I may not be the best at advices but I'll always lend you my ears."

He takes his hand off of his sweater and took this as permission to lift it. I lifted his sweater to find fresh cuts and a lot more scars. I carefully lift it up a bit more to see scars and..

Bruises

I gasp at the sight. "D-Did you do this to yourself?" I ask with a shaky breathe.

"The cuts, yes. But the bruises.." he trailed off as he looked away. I frowned as I carefully trailed my hand over the scars with one question repeating in my head like a broken record. Why?

He looks at me with worry and hugs me. He shushes me and whispers sweet nothings in my ear to try to reassure me. "It's okay, I'm okay," he whispers over and over.

"No you're not. Why didn't you tell me about this? Why did you lie?"

"Because I knew this is how you'd react. You're a kind person and it'd be selfish of me to throw this burden onto you."

"Burden? This isn't a burden. You're not a burden. Isn't that why I'm here? Isn't that why I'm you're friend? For you to vent on, and not keep secrets. I'll help you, so please don't make yourself suffer alone." I scold him. No one has to suffer alone, there's always someone you can talk to. "Now could you tell me, who did this to you?"

"My dad. Ever since we lost mom because of Leukemia, he's been abusive and alcoholic. That's why I try to be away from home, either at Cole's or my grandparents."

"Do they know?" I ask.

"The grandparents do and that's why they always offer to let me stay. The guys also do, but stay off topic and made sure you didn't know. You're too caring and I don't want you to worry," he cups my face.

"Why didn't you just run away to your grandparents?"

"I couldn't because no matter what he does he's still my father, without him I won't be here." I couldn't deny what he says because I know it's also true. "And I hurt myself because my father always reminded me of how I was the reason why mom died. That if I didn't force them into bankruptcy, we would've still saved mom. That if I didn't get sick as a kid, she would still be here. I wish-"

I hug him tight, hushing him before he says anything he doesn't and shouldn't mean. This time it was my turn to calm him down. "Stop saying that, please. It was your mom's choice to save you don't let her sacrifice go in vain by hurting yourself, or worse. You're not alone, you're never alone. You might feel like you are at times and that we're lying when we say we're here, but we're not. You just need someone who you're comfortable to talk to. I want to see you happy like you always showed me. I want that Julian, not the secret he's hiding. I want you to try. I want you to live, if not for yourself then for your mom. Do you think she'd be happy to see you like this?" He shook his head as he listened. "Your dad talks shit about it because he feels loss and so do you, but maybe when the time is right the two of you will just talk it out and things will me okay. Trust me and just give it time." I try to smile as I wipes his tears away.

He smiles back at me cups my face. "Thank you, I don't know how a person like you exists, but thank you," he forces a laugh, though inside I know he's still hurting.

Just give it time, time heals. There will be scars but it'll remind you not to make the same mistakes.

He caresses my cheek with his thumb and wiping my tears that I didn't realize were there. "This beautiful face doesn't deserve to have tears on it." he smiles.

"It's not a beautiful face," I argue.

"You're right, it's not" he says. "It's a stunning face with a beautiful soul," he stares into my eyes. He leans in and I just stay still, welcoming whatever might happen. Our lips were a strand away when he adds more distance between us, backing away.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have," he grins sheepishly and rubs the back of his neck.

Aww, I was looking forward to that kiss

Who do you ship now? ;3