Chapter 6 - Edited Once

"So, did you get the call from your boss?" I asked with a sigh. We were in the car driving once again to... I don't know.

"No," Jaxon replied as he rubbed his face with his hands.

"Then you don't know what to do right now, right?" I asked, raising my hopes. A girl gotta do what a girl gotta do.

"That's right," Owen replied with a bored tone.

"Great, could you stop by the nearest mall?" I asked, clapping my hands together.

"Why?" Jaxon narrowed his eyes at me.

Why do you go to a mall, Jaxon?

Oh, I know, to buy dopes and unicorns.

"Because I need new clothes, I can't wear these all the time, plus I need girl stuff, and you have the money," I replied, then pointed at my clothes with my hands. I looked at Jaxon with my puppy eyes. "Please?"

He thought for a second, then gave up. "Fine," he was defeated by my cuteness, not because I would have nagged all the way.

"Yes!" I cheered, then sat in silence for the rest of the ride.

Noah and Aaron were sleeping like cavemen, Owen was listening to music, Jaxon was driving, and I... was staring at the car ceiling. Wow, that's a rare dot over there. I wonder if it was put on purpose?

"Are we there yet?" Noah asked when he opened his eyes, rubbing the sleep away.

"Almost," Jaxon replied in a quiet tone. I was getting super bored, which was not good for them.

"So guys, are you all from New York?" I asked this random question hoping I would forget the boredom eating me alive.

Owen looked at me and smiled, and then he removed his headphones. "Aaron, Noah, and I were born and raised here. Jaxon was born in Canada but raised in New York," he explained with a shrug, then returned to his music.

"Oh," that's all I said. So Jaxon is New Canadian... see what I did there? No? Okay.

"We're here. Hey Aaron, wake up!" Jaxon nudged his shoulder roughly, never leaving his eyes off the road. Poor him.

Aaron opened his eyes. "Where are we?" he asked.

"At the mall," I answered, excited about shopping. What a kidnapped girl, huh? But a girl has to buy stuff she can't find in a house full of boys.

"Oh no," Aaron said with a deep sigh.

"What 'oh no' means?" asked Noah with arched eyebrows.

"I have a girlfriend, and I know what shopping with girls means," Aaron replied, looking tired already. So that explains why he had makeup. Probably.

They all looked at me and gulped as they feared me. "Don't worry, guys, it won't take long?" I said to make them comfortable, but it was more like a question. Way to make them feel safe.

"They all say that," Aaron remarked while shaking his head, and we got out of the car. He's right. I'm a kidnapped girl with nothing, so I need more clothes and stuff.

We entered the mall, which was crowded even though it was... I grabbed Jaxon's wrist and looked at his watch. It was 10:23 in the morning. "Where do you wanna go first?" Noah asked me, and I thought about it. A smile made its way up my face.

"Hoodies," I replied excitedly. I love hoodies. And other shops but Hoodies is the best so far. They looked at me, then shook their heads. What?