Chapter Eighteen

Rob took Lizzy by the hand and led her through the crowded lounge to where Greg and Shauna were talking with Tess and Shorty. The music was loud so he jerked his head in hello, and then bent down to Lizzy. "Do you want a drink?"

"Just a coke thanks." She beamed at him and couldn't believe he'd asked her to come to the party in his car. Lizzy looked around the room in search of Drew. He'd flirted with her on Thursday at the café. She spotted him talking with some of the people he sat with at lunch. Lizzy hung her head and smiled.

She couldn't decide who she liked better Rob or Drew. Both were hot and great hockey players. Drew probably had a little more bad boy in him but maybe Rob did too, especially after finding out he'd been sent to the office yesterday. Lizzy had decided that she liked bad boys. She watched as Rob made his way back with her coke. He had a beer in his other hand. He was wearing jeans and a white long sleeved grandpa style t-shirt. The top buttons undone and the sleeves pushed up. Nothing special but for some reason it looked amazing against his tanned skin and dark hair. Lizzy smiled up at him as he handed her the drink.

"Hope it's cold enough," he said over the din, and then lifted his stubby to take a mouthful.

"Should you be drinking?"

Rob frowned. What the fuck? Was she his mother now? He grinned as he shook his head and said, "Probably not. But it's a party and I need to let loose."

"You're driving." Lizzy shot him and accusing look. "You're not one of those silly boys who drink and drive are you? Maybe I should hold your keys."

"Thanks for worrying." Rob bent down, kissed her forehead, and patted her on the bum. He left his hand rest there as he murmured in her ear, "I'll be right."

She moved so his hand fell away.

Rob grinned. Oops...pleasures of the flesh. No touching. He'd forgotten about that. Maybe he shouldn't have asked her to come with him. He looked around the room. Becky was sitting on the couch with Trin. They were both drinking Cruisers, laughing with a few other girls from their lunch group.

"Who wants a game of beer pong?" Scott jabbed Rob in the ribs as he took a mouthful of his drink. Beer spilled everywhere.

"Fuck. Scott." Rob licked his hand and grinned. "Yeah, I'm in." He touched Lizzy on the butt again and quickly put his lips on hers just for shits and giggles. She brushed his hand away. Rob chuckled. "Be back in a minute."

*****

"How many beers is that?" Lizzy looked up at Rob as he leant on the wall. "You've been gone for ages."

He smiled at her puckered up cute little face. Rob pulled her towards him. "I don't know." He pushed her hair behind her ear and bent down to kiss her.

She put her hand on his mouth before he could connect. "You're supposed to be driving me home."

"Yeah. I know. Sorry." Rob grinned, cocked his head, and then wrapped his arm around her waist. "I'll pay for an uber," he said as he moved in to kiss her again but she stopped him.

"Rob. Everyone can see."

He chuckled. "It's okay." Rob ran his hand over her backside. "No one's taking any notice." He looked around the room. Becky Bridgestone was sitting on the couch with Hunter Jones but staring straight at Rob. He held her gaze. Something clicked in his head. He let go of Lizzy as he looked down at her and said, "Right. Sorry."

Lizzy frowned and moved away. She headed in Drew's direction. Rob realised he had competition but figured Drew probably wasn't going to get any further than he had. He smiled to himself. Did he care? The way he was feeling right now he didn't care about much. He went and got another beer.