You are Going to Pay Caspian

My eyes flew open when I distinctly heard Olivia's screech. Blinking away the dizziness, I waved to find her in a startled trance as he realized who exactly was carrying me. I pushed back from the person's chest making him tighten his grip.

"Hades?" Tilting my head I tried to recollect the past incidents, but my head pounded as if it had a heart of its own.

His fingers draped around the nape of my neck and lead me to rest on his shoulder. "Sleep." It seemed the best option, but I remembered Olivia was round.

As I searched for her in the dimly lit halls, I felt fear surge forth by instincts when he an amber-eyed predator whispered to my ears. "Sleep Elia."

........................................................................................

The next time I opened my eyes was in the comfort of my bed. Fighting off the covers that seemed to be super glued to my clothes I searched for my phone under the pillow, to notice my ankle neatly bandaged and...

Ahh? A banana? I threw off all the four pieces of clouds, but all I found was a half-peeled banana near the bedpost.

I sat back on the bed listing out the questions I had. Starting off from, how did I get here? If Will was the one who took me here then what explanation did he give to the people in the house? Was I really threatened into sleep by the two-faced God? What's the time, day and year? Where is my phone and why is there a freaking banana on my bed?!!

Giving up I got up, brushed my teeth, took a quick shower, put on decent clothes and brushed down my hair before going downstairs to get breakfast and milk. Soon it was time to go to the hospital with John handing out instructions which I followed by the word.

My life: You wish

Warning: The above scenes are pure fantasy and can only be performed by trained professionals. Do not try it at home or school.

In reality, I overworked my brain into choosing between bed and coffee. When coffee won, I crawled up to the bathroom door, but when the water rained down from the shower, I was a different person.

"Nobody can drag me down." I swung around my imaginary mic signing to a crowd of thousands while showing off the equally unrealistic dance moves. "Nobody, Nobody"

"Nobody can drag me down. Mic drop." YES, I fell.

And for the record, I blame it on the speaker wires, a hella lot they were.

When Margaret walked in through the door, I was drying the untamable creature, a.k.a my hair.

"Did you sleep well dear?" She asked just when I was about to lock myself in the closet fearing her questions.

Wow. What did Hades do?

I nodded and calmly tested the waters. "Hey, do you remember the time I got back yesterday?"

"You mean from the hospital?" she inquired.

Hospital? That was in the morning, but I nodded regardless of watching her pick up the clothes for washing. "Around six in the evening, I think. Is it for something important, I can ask John if you want?"

"Nah, it's nothing important." I rejoiced.

"Elizabeth dear." My heart raced with the hesitance. "Were you drunk last night?"

I violently shook my head."What? No, no, no."

"Then it's fine." She let out a sigh, and I knew she had held it in for a long time. "Why do you ask?" I regained composure.

"Oh, yesterday I think around eight you skipped down the stairs and drank water." She paused; suspicion once again surfacing as she remembered.

"From the flower jar."

Whaaat ?!??!?!

"Oh, that." Turning away, I clutched the windowsill. "I was...I was feeling quite tired the other night. I had carefully picked out the flowers that were put in it due to their medicinal properties." She listened to me with unfaltering interest.

"And so the water they were put in...is very nutrient rich. Just what I needed."

"I didn't know." She thought about it over again. "Breakfast is prepared, come down before it gets cold." When the door closed behind her, I sighed guessing that she didn't buy it.

Later that day, I found myself hiding behind the door as she gulped down the water leaving the flowers out. "It is quite refreshing." She mumbled going her way to the kitchen.

OKAY, that flowerpot is going.

I wonder if it had anything to do with the banana I found or is it something else.

This mystery unraveled in the following manner, and it did not include kidnapping an exotic monkey like I thought it did.

John started up the car as I got in; the journey was quiet and peaceful till he asked me "the" question. "Were you drunk yesterday?"

I choked on my smoothie, barely managing to get the question out. "What did I do?"

"You were on a call with someone in the kitchen." On cue, I started to pray. Do not let it be my brother or mum.

"And?"

"You see, your phone was in the refrigerator and you were talking into a banana. You talked a lot to your...friend, something along the lines 'my closet is closed' and then started screaming over and over again 'I can't go to Narnia, Caspian doesn't love me."

He cleared his throat while my jaw slacked to the floor. "Are you having boy troubles?" I thanked God that I wasn't the one driving or the car would have drifted, done a somersault and taken a nice long dip in the river we were crossing over.

"By the way, I saved your phone, but you didn't hear me when you walked off with the banana sticking out your pocket." Now he was both the bearer of bad news and my hero.

He looked at me through the rearview mirror waiting, and then realized it was my turn to give an explanation."

"I took...painkillers." It was a last-second save because the word drugs suited better with the sentence I started. "For the sprain, I got from tripping...you know right? I hadn't gotten much sleep so the over deal must have caused it."

Laughter danced in his eyes as he nodded back.

I flew out of the car when we reached the hospital and found the number of patients reduced by an immense amount. From the quick survey, the rest were also showing improvements. Not wanting to pull off the smile I had on, John did not query further into the matter.

Now it was time for me to sneak out.

Careful not to lock me outdoors, exited through the window onto the roof and tiptoed to the back of the house. As I climbed down the nearest tree I wished no one called the animal control.

Pulling down my hood, I switched on the flashlight and increased my pace.

The coil of nervous knots in my stomach weighed a ton as I reached the passage. With a countdown from three I jumped in, but unlike the other two times, I emerged out of the water.

The doors of Narnia had closed on me.

I felt a suffocating amount of sadness when my feet felt the rock bottom as I sank. My eyes prepared itself for a waterworks display, but the water hollowed forming a tunnel through which I fell screaming.

Opposite to the expecting pain of falling down, I landed on a cushion of velvet. The amber eyes of a certain God flashed with amusement.

This Caspian is going to pay. Big time.