Chapter 46: The Trap

I am running through the forest, frantically for my life.

It had been another usual afternoon. Li Xia and I were out in the market shopping. With 4 guards and 2 maids with us, we never thought anyone could harm us. Who would dare to harm the sister and wife of Wang Feng? 

It was our mistake to underestimate the ill intention of others.

When someone wants to harm you, they will find a method to lure you into a trap. The smarter the enemy, the more dangerous the trap was. I was lured by the scent of tea. In a small tea shop, Li Xia and I had browsed through the many tea leaves. The owner, an old woman, had been kind to brew us a pot of tea. Li Xia and I didn't know we have fallen for a trap until we lost consciousness.

"You were only supposed to take the Wang Fei!"

I woke to the thunderous voice outside the shed I found myself in. As soon as I realized what had happened, I panicked to the sight of Li Xia tears. We were both bound with our mouth covered.

I have to get Li Xia out.

My only thought had been getting Li Xia to safety. I couldn't let my sister – Feng's sister gets hurt. How would I answer to Feng? How would I answer to mother?

It was fortunate that our kidnappers had locked us both together. Although bounded, I was able to get the ropes around Li Xia undone. Once Li Xia was freed, she quickly removed the rope around me.

"It doesn't matter now. Just get rid of them now!"

The voice outside had sounded panic when he gave out the orders. I had Li Xia behind me while we hid behind the door, waiting for the kidnappers to enter. I forced my heart to go calm even though I could feel Li Xia trembling hands on my back.

"What? Where_"

Before they realized where we hid, I had already made my attack. There had been only two of them. With my current skills, I could handle two. Unfortunately, there were five others waiting outside. I had managed to get us out but could not get us far.

"No matter what, we must get rid of the Wang Fei!"

By that point, I understood that their target was me and made the decision to split up with Li Xia. It was the only way for her to escape.

"No jie-jie"

Even though Li Xia was a young lady who never faces any type of hardship, she was still a Wang. Her courage was not any smaller than her brother.

"Listen to me Li Xia, go and get help"

"Jie-jie_"

"We both can't be capture!"

I never shouted at her before, but the situation does not allow either of us to be soft.

"Go!"

I pushed Li Xia before I ran into the opposite direction – diverting the men attention.

"Don't let her escape!"

At least they didn't go after Li Xia. 

I continued to run through the forest while they chase after me relentlessly. In the end, I was cornered at the rushing river. They told me they didn't want to hurt me – they only need me gone. That made no sense to me. 

I turned to the rushing river. 

They knew I belong to the General Wang Feng and yet they dared to kidnap me. I knew I couldn't be capture. I couldn't be Wang Feng's liability. 

I'm sorry Feng. 

I closed my eyes and jumped.