Grasping Situation

Chapter Sixteen - Grasping Situation

My eyes narrowed at the figure that just walked out of the conference room. A few people greeted and shook hands with him after which they slowly disappeared inside the elevators.

I was watching him through the round fitted glass in the waiting room door.

Alec fished his phone out of his pocket and frowned at the screen.

That's right, Sinclair!

Frown at the ten missed calls from me.

I held my phone up to answer it any moment but my jaw dropped when he shoved his phone back in his pocket and started towards the elevators.

I sulked as I watched him not giving a care in the world about my missed calls. It could have been an emergency!

As he was crossing the waiting room, I quickly swung the door open and stepped infront of him.

He looked shocked for a second as he paused right infront of me. "Scarlet? What are you doing he-"

"You," I spoke in a dangerous voice, poking my finger in his chest. "What the hell do you think of yourself, Alec Sinclair?"

He looked down at my finger on his chest and then back at me. Rolling his eyes, he shoved my hand away.

"Stop overreacting," He spoke dryly and my jaw dropped once more.

"You left me behind in that boring cottage!" I snapped.

"You were taking forever to get ready and I was getting late for my meeting," He crossed his arms over his chest.

"I only asked for two more minutes," I scowled.

"For the tenth time, Scarlet," He snapped.

"But I was ready this time," I argued back.

"No. You weren't," He narrowed his eyes. "I told you to step out of your room within five minutes or I would leave you behind."

"And you actually did," I stared at him.

"Why wouldn't I?" He raised a brow at me.

I opened my mouth to speak but was interrupted when the conference room's door opened and someone stepped outside.

"Mrs. Sinclair," He walked up in my direction and held his hand out.

I shook his hand with a smile. "Mr. Roberts."

"I didn't know you were accompanying Mr. Sinclair today."

"I didn't either," Alec muttered under his breath.

I withdrew my hand and turned to Alec with a forced smile before speaking. "I wanted to surprise him."

Mr. Roberts chuckled. "Young love."

I chuckled at the words and out of my peripheral vision, felt Alec's eyes on me.

"Anyway. It's a good thing you're here, Mrs. Sinclair. I'd like to invite you both to the charity ball my company is hosting tomorrow night," He spoke with a glint in his eyes.

I saw a look of refusal flash across Alec's face as he opened his mouth to probably decline but I beat him to it.

"We would love to be there, Mr. Roberts," I spoke with an excited grin.

"Great," He gave us both a smile and shook our hands once more. "See you there, Mr. and Mrs. Sinclair."

As I watched him walk past us, I pondered over his words.