A Message

Lucas's P.O.V

My eyes slowly open. I'm still in Shorty's room but she's gone. Dang I must have fell asleep while she was in my arms. I get up to go find her when I hear woman's voice coming from the  room on the right of me. She doesn't sound like Kayla but I want to introduce myself. As I walk in the room a bright light almost blinds me. When my eyes refocus I see the lady on the pictures; this must be Kayla's mom. Beautiful. Her appearance is like an angel's. She looks at me like she's waiting for me to say something.
So I speak.
" You must be shorty's- I mean Kayla's Mom It's nice to meet you I'm Lucas her new friend". She smiles.
" I know who you are, I've been watching over you since you've met my daughter."
" Watching over me?"
" Yes I have." I just stare at her; somethin' is not right. She studies my face closely; like she's looking inside my soul or somethin'.
" Let me reveal my true form and purpose of coming to you; I can see you are confused". True form? Purpose? I watch and a bright light begins to radiate from her body. Wings. Angel wings grow from her back. What type of creepy shit is this? Im out. I'm about to take flight out of the room when she speaks again.
" Please don't be afraid. I am not here to harm you. I've come to talk to you. And I've come all the way from heaven so you gone listen to what I have to say young man. Take a seat please." I sit down in the chair by the door.
" My daughter has lost her spirit. When the Lord called me home to Him, she lost all hope. Her heart became cold and she shut out the whole world. My husband tries to do the best he can but he can only do so much. I've always watched over her and it brings me so much pain to see her so hurt. So full of sorrow. But when she met you and that young lady at school... I saw a little bit of her spirit return. I know you've lost your Mother too and you've been through a lot. But your strength is the type my daughter needs. And I know that you can help my Kayla. I want you to stick around her, become close friends, comfort her, protect her. You are going to be the one who saves my baby girl before its too late".
I'm speechless. How can I help when I have the exact, same pain as Kayla. I don't want to hurt her. I'll probably only make things worse. I can't do it.
" Lucas I know what you've been thtough, and I know you still haven't let go either. But you and Kayla can help eachother. You both need one another. Trust in yourself. Have faith. When you first met my daughter.... that connection you felt. Use it. And let that connection grow. Don't be afraid. Please just help Kayla before it's too late Lucas." Trust in myself. That's what my Mom always told me to do. I can't let Kayla down.
" I'll help her Ms. Jones. I'm gonna make sure shorty straight. No matter what I got her from now on."
" I really appreciate this Lucas. She's in good hands with you. Remember, you can't tell her I appeared to you today. Not until the time is right. Come closer please". I walk closer to her, she grabs my hand and places a picture in it. It's of her and Kayla. Kayla had to been about 9 or 10 years old. Her and Ms. Jones were on a stage with microphones in their hands singing.
" That was the last time me and my daughter sung together. Before I got really sick. I want you to keep this picture and give it to Kayla. Eventually she's going to open up to you. I don't know when but when she does, give her this picture and tell her about me and you talking. Until then please take care of my baby girl Lucas".
" I promise."
" I have to go now, but I will continue to watch over the both of you now. Trust in yourself Lucas. Your Mom told me to tell you that".
.... Mama told you to tell me?
" WAIT MS. JONES" .... She smiles and kisses me on the cheek. My eyes open and she's gone.

I'm back in Kayla's room. I look down to see she's still sleep in my arms. It was just a dream. A picture falls from my hand. I flip it over. The picture Ms. Jones gave me. So it was real. What am I supposed to do now. I can't let Ms. Jones down. She said mama told me to trust in myself.... I got to do my best. I pull my phone out of my pocket and see its almost time to leave for the mall. I shake Kayla lightly to wake her up. Her eyes flutter open and she looks at me. Then all of a sudden she screams and pushes me; damn near tackling me like a football player. Strong ass.
" WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING IN MY HOUSE!!? AND SAY SOME STUPID SHIT IF YOU WANT TO, I'LL BEAT YO' ASS WITH THE BAT IN MY CLOSET!"
" Number 1, lower your tone shorty. Number 2, You was takin' ten fuckin' years to get ready and yo' ass still ain't ready so I cane to check up on you.
Number 3, When I tried to wake you up the first time, yo' strong ass pulled me down in your sleep and got too comfortable on me"
" Uhhhh, welll.... I.... oh I'm sorry". She looked away from me. As I'm looking up at her I smile.
" Its cool shorty.... But you tryin' to get somethin' started or what? I like this position lil ma." I saw the realization come across her face of that she's on top of me. She gets up fast and trips over a spongebob teddy bear. I bust out laughing.
" Not funny".
" So you gone get ready little dude or you gone just keep wastin time?"
" I gotta get in the shower and dressed, so wait downstairs until I'm finished".
" Ight lil dude, don't take all day", I say as I walk out. I hear her mumble " I'll take my time". She is somethin' else.
I walk past the room in that was in my dream. It was real; her Mom was the one who passed away. From what though. Ms. Jones said sickness, but I want to know more. I walk down the stairs. I go in the living room, make myself comfortable on the couch abd turn the T.V on. I'm going to help Kayla. She just has to help me help her. Ms. Jones said, " Help my baby girl before it's too late". What was she trying to say?

Hey guys, thank you for reading, sharing and voting on my story. Please remember to comment to tell me how I'm doing. Shout out to all of my readers and followers!!! - shy 💙