13

Anne knows something's wrong as she watches her son angrily stomp upstairs after they get home from the wedding. She debates going upstairs to see if he's okay or letting him sleep it off. She hates the thought of just leaving her son upset, though. Anne sighs loudly, knowing that she'd have to go talk to him about whatever's upset him.

"Harry?" Anne opens the door and sees her son sitting on his bed with his arms crossed over his chest. She notices the tears starting to form in his eyes and the way his jaw clenches angrily.

"Harry, what's wrong?" She takes a seat on the end of her son's bed. He wipes his eyes and sighs, not able to look his mother in the face.

"I'm just... confused and a little hurt I-I... guess," Harry exhales. Anne places a hand on her son's leg, hoping to provide him with a little comfort.

Anne knows her son, probably, more than he knows himself. She knows that when Harry's really angry his voice will go deep, and he'd lock himself in his room. When Harry's really sad he'd have a long cry and be better after a short period of time. Anne has no clue how to navigate this side of her son, the side that's angry and sad. She's used to it being one or the other but looking across his face she sees signs of both.

"Do you want to talk about it?" It's the only thing Anne can think of saying. She's never pressured either of her kids into talking about something if they don't want to, but she gives them the opportunity to open up if they choose to open up about it.

"This uh... has to stay between us and you can't bring it up to... Jay. Louis' so weird and... confusing, I guess. He talks about how beautiful and amazing his stupid... girlfriend is, but then he goes around and kisses me," Harry hisses angrily. His voice's deep and sinks into her bones, hitting her hard. Anne sucks in a breath as the words come tumbling from her son. Louis had kissed him?

"What do you mean Louis kissed you? When," Anne asks. She's shocked to say the least. She had a feeling that Louis isn't entirely straight, but she never thought he'd do something like that.

"Well at the wedding we were dancing and uh... Louis kissed me. I backed away at first! Then, I uh... saw his face and I kissed him. Then, we started maybe... making out a little bit? When I realized what was happening I left! I just... I don't know how he could do that behind Eleanor's back like that, you know? I don't want to be some... stupid side bitch to him," Harry snaps. Anne doesn't know what the appropriate reaction is.

"That's understandable, but would you at least be willing to help him with his sexuality if he asks for help?"

"Yeah! Of course, I'd be open to helping him explore his sexuality if he isn't with Eleanor, but he is! He has a girlfriend and he shouldn't be kissing other people when he's with someone," Harry shouts angrily. Anne's only heard Harry shout a few times in his young adult life, so the action shocks her almost as much as the news does.

"Harry, if you don't mind me pointing out, you did kiss Louis back. He's not the only one at fault here. Sure, Louis did kiss you at first and it's a good thing you pulled back, but you went back and kissed him again. You did that, Harry, not him. Just, remember that okay? I'll let you have some alone time to think all of this through. I really hope you figure things out with him," Anne sighs. She stands and gives her son one last sorry glance before leaving for the night.

~_~_~

Louis' nervous. He knows he has to talk to Eleanor about what happened at the wedding and he'd rather do it now and not before she finds out on her own. He knows it'd be so much worse if she feels like he's hiding something from her, which he kind of is.

He finds himself the following night at her apartment. Louis doesn't know how to bring up the conversation in fear of how Eleanor might react. He doesn't want to hurt her feelings, but he knows she'd be crushed after hearing what Louis had to say.

"Hmm, we've barely hung out at all, and you've been back for ages already," Eleanor sighs. They're lying on her bed kissing; well, more like making out if Louis' being honest. Eleanor starts moving down his chest, but Louis stops her.

"Not tonight," He mutters. Eleanor looks up at him, clearly defeated. He feels bad for blowing her off, but it'd be better than her noticing that Louis isn't the least bit interesting.

"What have I done? Obviously, something's wrong, Louis, because whenever I try to do anything with you, you never seem interested. Is there another girl I need to know about?" Louis' heart drops. He knows now would be a good time to bring up what he needs to talk about, but they're both half naked and Louis isn't even sure if he's ready to bring it up.

"There's not another girl, I'm just not feeling it," Louis sighs, pushing the conversation aside. He prays that she doesn't bring it back up again. He slides off her bed and picks up his shirt that she had thrown onto the floor. He stops in his tracks as he hears metal clicking lightly.

"How about now?" He turns and stops as he sees Eleanor fully undressed. His eyes widen, and he quickly looks away. This is his girlfriend and he's seen her before, but he feels so awkward about it now. "Really, Louis? I'm sitting here naked and you're still not interested? What's going on," Eleanor protests. Louis coughs awkwardly.

After slipping his shirt over his head, he approaches the bed and hesitantly takes a seat. He awkwardly looks at Eleanor and gestures for her to put her shirt back on, which she does pathetically. Glancing across Eleanor's confused face, Louis' heart drops. He feels so bad about what he's going to say, but it had to be said.

"Eleanor, I think I'minto guys." 

~_~_~

Hey guys! WHOAA ITS GETTING HOTTER IN HERE! Thoughts? Why did Harry walk away? This update is 600 words longer than usual, but I felt like I needed it. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed! ~B