Chapter 20

I do not know what made me believe that Antonio's move was made to help me. Nor do I know what made me believe In his act. Perhaps the frown that made the light In his eyes die down  when I told him I didn't  care about him softened me. 

He was a ruthless man that made no jokes. And I played with fire when fooling him. He was as cold hearted as Christofer. A position such as Mafia's second man wasn't given so easily, It had to be deserved. Mafia is our family, and betraying your family is punishable by death. He would not betray Christofer for anything, let alone a woman.

Man like him do not fall in love, they do not catch feelings over a little swing.  And he for sure wasn't In love with me. I simply hurt his ego by rejecting him, and  now he was having his revenge.

How could a man like him...

My thoughts were cut when I felt myself colliding with a small body. With a single movement the body was sprawled over the floor, whilst I was standing on my feet looking shocked.  I took a look at the ground and saw a small boy rubbing his hand. 

"Oh I'm so sorry" I exclaimed and held my hand up for him to take. He took a glance at my extended  hand then hesitantly took my hand. 

"I didn't see you there"

''It's okay" His small voice mumbled. 

 Something in his face reminded me of Christofer. The only difference was his hair color, whilst Christofer had dirty blond  hair, his hair was dark brown. They shared familiar facial feautures. 

But the part that caught my eye first were his eyes. They were the same hypnotising ocean blue eyes. That made me wonder was this his brother?. What was a child doing in here?.

That seemed to be the only explanation why he was here. 

"What's your name?" I asked him.

"Enzo" He sais quietly

"Enzo I love your name!"I smiled at him.

"What's your name?"He smiled slightly at me.

"Gabriella" I answered laughing. 

"What are you doing here Enzo? Are you lost?"

"No I was just looking for my brother" He answered. 

I was about to answer back when I felt someone run past my shoulder. I looked back and saw Christofer running  towards Enzo. 

"Enzo how many times do I have to tell you not to come out here alone?" His angry voice roared the second he reached Enzo. 

"And didn't I tell you not to talk to people you don't know?"

"Chrissy" He mumbled making my eyes widen.  I fought hard to cover my snort. I put my fist into my mouth in hope of turing my laugh into a cough, but failed quite miserably I might add. 

Christofer snd me a deadpan look causing me to shut up. 

"I'm sorry but I thought It didn't apply to pretty girls" He said. 

"It apply's to pretty girls first of all" He mumbled under his nose causing me to smirk. 

"Calm down I wasn't going to do anything to him" I rolled my eyes at him. He glared at me and picked Enzo up. 

"I told you not to get out of your room unless me, your sister or Antonio pick you up didn't I?" 

"I was just looking for you because I was bored" He mumbled. 

"You don't ever do that!" Christofer warned causing Enzo to nod slowly. He put Enzo down and he ran up to me. Taking me by surprise he hugged my legs. 

"I hope i'll see you later Gabriella" He said and ran off somewhere. 

I immediately looked at Christofer with a knowing smile. 

"Worrying about your brother are you?"I smirked causing him to close his eyes. He took a deep breath as in calming himself down then slowly spoke.

"If I ever hear about you even looking at him the wrong way I swear I will have your head hanging on my wall" He threatened me. I must say this made have some sort of respect towards him. He would hurt anyone who touched his little brother and that was something that desreved respect. 

I would kill anyone who would think about touching his Dina or Alex and so I understood. 

"Don't forget I once had a sister and a brother just like you. I would do the same" I said truthfully. 

Something In his eyes flashed as I said that and he nodded. I nodded back and turned to leave. 

"I'm sorry...for them" He said causing me to stop. 

I closed my eyes and nodded slowly. I may never see them again, I may never be able to talk to them again. This was painful, but not as painful as knowing they are dead. It would be better for them this way. 

"I am too" I said slowly. I  left without taking another glance at him.