Writing

Spyen followed close behind her friends as they quickly chatted about a HYDRA attack that had happened at a wedding reception.

"Eight dead. Six of them Navy."

May shook her head, "All of them apart of an anti-HYDRA unit."

Hunter looked over at the group, "Any idea what was used to carry out the attack?"

Skye shook her head, "Nope, but the effects appear similar to those from the Obelisk."

"Which we must assume is in HYDRA's possession."

Spyen followed close behind Skye. Every since Miami, Skye has had to keep Spyen grounded from floating memories and distractions. Spyen was still in denial about being brainwashed and Skye was her only anchor at the moment. Spyen followed close to the group as they entered Coulson's open office.

"Heard anything from your Navy contact?"

Coulson looked up from his own distraction to May, "Radio silence."

Skye came to a halt next to May, "Any chance we could find a way in? Maybe poke around a bit?"

Coulson stood from his desk and looked at his field agents, "Entire fleet's closing ranks. These were their men." Coulson gestured to the screen and the team quickly glanced at it, "No one other than the CDC and Navy's top brassers are setting foot in that room."

"Okay then, that's a dead end." Spyen glanced at Hunter as he spoke.

"What about Agent Simmons? She's inside HYDRA. Any chance she had Intel?"

Spyen flinched at the use of the word HYDRA and has been doing that for the past two days.

"Still waiting for her to make contact."

Spyen looked back at Coulson and she noticed a detail carved into his desk. Spyen pointed at the carvings, "Sir, What is that?"

Skye furrowed her brows and looked to where Spyen was looking, "Uh, just sketches." Coulson pushed a file over the carvings, "If the Obelisk is back in play, we need to know what this writing means. Any progress on your end, Skye?"

Skye let out a breath, "I put some feelers out to my Rising Tied contacts about the painting we recovered in Miami, and no one has seen anything like it."

"Keep looking, something will turn up."

Spyen took a step forward, "I can run the writing through Stark, see if he has any idea what it could be."

Coulson looked down at Spyen and gave a small shake of his head, "No need to involve the Avengers."

"What about the writings you've been giving me? Why don't you tell me your source and I'll follow up." Skye was trying to get Coulson to confess.

"I'm afraid that's classified." Spyen hardly doubted that.

"Well you're the boss man, maybe you could declassify it?" Hunter was always trying to make the situation less serious.

"I could. I won't."

"Why not?"

Spyen had slowly made her way to the edge of the room to avoid being in the center.

"I already answered the question, Skye."

Spyen could tell the Director was getting angry; she could almost feel it.

"No, you didn't. You skirted it. There's a difference."

Spyen held her breath at her sister's sass.