Reconciliation

The moment that Spyen and Skye were off of the Quinjet, they were zip-tied. The angle at which Spyen's hand were at caused pressure on the wound in her shoulder, but she didn't want to show any weakness. Ward lead the girls into a house and down a series of steps before he spoke, noticing both Spyen's and Skye's agent training in action. Although, he was mostly talking to Skye.
"Checking exits, number of men, weapons inventory. I'm impressed. How's your marksmanship?"

Ward had his hand on Skye's bicep while Spyen was close behind, "I don't know. Hand me your side arm. Let's find out."

"Cool under pressure. I see May's teaching you control." Ward's voice was calm.

"That's one of our differences. In SHIELD, they train you to control yourself. HYDRA wants to control everyone else."

Ward rolled his eyes, "I'm not loyal to HYDRA. My orders were to collect Raina. Bringing you and Spyen along was my idea."

Ward slowly came to a stop and Skye turned to face him, "Maybe you don't remember, but we've played this game of "Let's kidnap Skye" before, and it didn't end well for you."

Spyen was slightly confused and she furrowed her brows.

"That's not my concern." Ward cut the plastic on Skye's wrist before he turned to Spyen. Ward's expression softened when he looked down at the youngest sister. Ward cut Spyen's plastic and the pain in her shoulder lifted. She took in a breath as Skye spoke.
"Really? Then what is?"

Ward went up to the set of French doors and put his hand on the doorknob, "Keeping my promise." Ward pushed the door open and Spyen was the first to see a man sitting on a vintage couch.

The man looked slightly familiar and Spyen let out a breath. This was their father. He slowly stood up from the couch as Skye and Spyen slowly walked into the room with different reactions. As Spyen entered the room, she subconsciously placed a hand gently on the wound in her arm. Skye's footsteps were slow as she entered the room.

"I'm sure you have a lot of catching up to do. Spyen." Ward glanced down at her and she was going to follow him out of the room, but Skye hurriedly took Spyen's wrist.

Spyen pulled in a breath before giving a small nod to Ward. Ward gently closed the door and left the two sisters with their father.

It was quite and tense in the room for a moment before their father spoke, "Look at that. Both of my daughters here." He looked at Skye, "The way you tilt your head." He looked at Spyen, "The way you purse your lips, It's just like...Is it nature or nurture?"

The father grit his teeth and started pacing, "I promised myself I wouldn't get emotional. It's just," He pulled in a breath, "I've waited so long for this moment."

Spyen stood next to Skye with her wrist in her hand. Spyen glanced at Skye.

The father looked down at his daughters, "Let's try again." He adjusted his posture, "Hi, I'm Cal. I'm your father. Would you like to sit down?"

After her encounter with their father, Spyen was terrified of the man. He had sliced her brachial artery just to gain leverage. Skye's grip on Spyen's wrist tightened as she slowly shook her head.

"Right. Me either." Cal gave a sigh, "Thank you for meeting with me."

"Thank you for—" Skye let go of Spyen's wrist and took a minute step forward, "Are you serious? I was kidnapped off of a plane at gunpoint. That's all you have to say?" Skye's words were tight.