Fitz's aid

Spyen fiddled with anything she could get her hands on while Skye was listening to her music on high and neither of them noticed Fitz standing against the glass. The scientist tinkered with a device in his hands before Spyen and Skye noticed him at the same time. Spyen let go of her thread and Skye sat up. She pulled the headphones from her head and stood to greet Fitz.

"Hey, Fitz."

I need to tell her, both of them. Crap, uh...

"What's wrong?" Spyen was leaning against the glass separating the two units.

Fitz looked up at Skye, "Can you tell me?" He looked down at the tech in his hands, "I fixed your bio-meter watch. Checked your vitals at the time of the temple collapse."

Oh, God.

"Your heart rate was recorded at almost...three hundred BPM."

Skye let out a sharp breath, "That's very fast."

Fitz shook his head, "No," He let out a breath before looking up at Skye, "That's inhuman."

Spyen's stomach sank as she could feel every emotion that Skye was feeling with perfect accuracy.

"I thought the readings were a mistake, that I put the thing together wrong. Been struggling to, um, something's wrong with the data in my head."

"What are you saying?" Skye had sat on her bed trying to keep her breathing normal.

"So, I was thinking how the heart monitor seemed to shatter from the inside out, but it was still on your wrist when we found you. That doesn't make sense. How we found you..." Fitz let out a shaking breath, "Basically unharmed in the collapse, with destruction all around you!" Fitz's voice had rose considerably and it startled Spyen.

The scientist tried to control his breathing and Spyen stood at the edge of her unit trying to understand what Fitz was saying. The lab around Spyen suddenly started to shake. Skye looked up at Spyen when she let out a small cry of pain. Spyen put her head into her hands and clenched onto her hair. Spyen could feel the fear and despair around her, but she wasn't sure if it was her own emotions or Skye's.

"I thought I was losing my mind all over again... that there was something wrong. So it took a while to dawn on me, or maybe I was just afraid to think it—that you survived the destruction because—"

Spyen felt her face contort in pain as her fingertips started to tingle.

Fitz let out shaking breaths, "You caused it."

Skye quickly came up to the glass with tears in her eyes, "No, no, no, no, Fitz."

Spyen shot her head up and had tears of her own. Fitz glanced between the agents and was fully aware that Spyen's eyes were glowing scarlet, "Raina wasn't the only one changed in there. And I'm pretty sure the DNA results we're running right now are gonna confirm it."

Skye gripped her head in pain and Spyen knew that she couldn't help her sister in anyway.

"There's nothing wrong with the data in my head, Skye. There's something wrong with you."

"No!" Skye gripped her head and let out a scream. Both Spyen and Fitz flinched away from the light that had shattered above Skye's head. Fitz's eyes went wide and he ran from the room. Spyen had tears down her eyes and she smacked at the glass.

"Skye, look at me!"

Skye had wide eyes and her breathing was elevated, "I need to clean this up."