Nuclear Codes

Spyen had changed out of her dress and replaced it with grey sweats and Nat had the same idea. The majority of the team hovered around the destroyed suit that Ultron had once occupied.

Banner shook his head, "All our work is gone. He used the Internet as an escape hatch.

Spyen put her forehead into her hand and rested her elbow on the table in front of her.

Nat turned in her seat, "He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us that we know about each other."

Spyen racked her curled hair with her fingers as she listened to Rhodes, "He's in your files, he's in the Internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?"

Maria looked up from her wound on her foot in realization, "Nuclear codes."

Rhodes tried to keep the conversation on the path of realism, "Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can."

Natasha was still focused on Ultron, "Nukes? He said he wanted us dead."

Cap lifted his head, "He didn't say dead. He said extinct."

Clint took a step forward, "He also said he killed somebody."

Spyen shook her head, "There wasn't anyone else in the building."

"Yes there was." Tony stepped into the middle of the room and projected a destroyed asset. Jarvis.

Banner stepped close to Jarvis, "This is insane."

Cap crossed his arms across his chest, "Jarvis was the first line of defense. He would have shut Ultron down. It makes sense."

Banner kept his eyes on Jarvis, "No. Ultron could have assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy. This is rage."

Spyen took a step back as she heard Thor come strutting into the lab all decked out in his usual armor and cape. He strode with anger radiating off of him to Stark. He put his hand around Stark's neck and Spyen stood with read eyes still in fight or flight mode. Clint placed an arm over Spyen's chest to keep her in her place.

"Come on, use your words, buddy." Tony struggled to speak.

Thor held Stark up above his head, "I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark."

"Thor." Cap's voice was tight, "The Legionnaire."

Thor set Stark down harshly on his feet before answering Rogers. "Trail went cold about one hundred miles out, but it's headed north. And it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it, again."

Nat rolled her eyes, "Genie's out of that bottle. Clear and present is Ultron."

"I don't understand." Spyen looked over at the only woman who didn't belong with the team, "You built this program, why is it trying to kill us?"

There was a moment of silence before Tony Stark let out a chuckle.

Spyen raised her eyebrows, "You think this is funny?"

Tony turned around with a smirk on his face, "No. It's probably not, right? This is very terrible. It is so..." Tony tried to keep his laughter under control. "It is. It's so terrible."

Thor took a step forward, "This could have been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand."

Spyen let out a deep breath as her eyes faded back to blue.