Life After Dark: 14 (WTW Sequel)

(Sorry for the delay! It's been one of those weeks where I'm either too busy or too exhausted to write. It might have affected the quality of my work. Next chapter will be a treat to make up for it! I'll do my best to have it by 6pm EST on Sunday).

Hermes: Tell your friends not to go sightseeing around town again.

April: Are you spying on us?

Hermes: You are a group of human teenagers. It doesn't take a genius to know that sooner or later you'll grow bored of one another.

April: Why are we here anyway?

Hermes: You'll find out in due time.

April: Okay, then tell me something else. Where are our friends?

April: How do I find someone who knows how to reverse the Blank condition?

April: Where is the Shroud hiding out?

Hermes: You always expect easy answers, don't you? Take this as a much-needed lesson in patience.

April: You can't just expect us to trust you.

April: We both know you're not even human.

April: Give me something here.

April: Hello???

April: Why are you lying about being the security guard from the facility?

Hermes: What makes you think I'm not?

April: Based on the way Doctor Hansel described you, I think I would've noticed if I'd met an alien.

Hermes: How astute of you.

April: So? Why?

Hermes: He was your stepfather's ally. It was the quickest way to get you to trust me.

April: So why send me to Hansel? You must have known he'd tell me the truth.

Hermes: Your quest is one of truth, April Parker. I can't plan your course for you. Only help guide you along it.

April: What does that even mean?

April: You really suck at the whole guiding thing.

April: How well did you know Sam?

Hermes: Well enough.

April: You must hate him.

Hermes: Why is that?

April: I'm betting he was your jailer. He probably tortured you like he did the rest of us.

Hermes: You're building common ground between us on nothing more than your imagination. Are you sure it'll be enough to support us both?

April: Or maybe you did like him. Why else would you be helping us now?

Hermes: The line isn't drawn right down the middle. It's crooked in some areas.

April: That makes you a traitor to your own kind.

Hermes: Sometimes, it's possible to be both loyal and disloyal.

April: I don't believe that.

Hermes: Then perhaps your line could use more flexibility.

April: How old are you?

April: Sensitive topic?