eighteen

lea | alec

lea | alec

DENIAL IS what consumes Lea as days pass by.

She would be lying if she said that she had no interest in meeting Alec - she knew that it was going to happen, at least one day - but she refuses to believe that she actually took the bolder step initiating their first meeting. She never knew the consequences of the waiting game.

It drove her insane.

Pure excitement filled the void of her being in the beginning but as time grew, all she could feel was nervousness devouring her nerves. Excitement and nervousness took the toll on her and it wasn't the greatest combination that one would come across.

It's a typical Friday evening. She waits in the line of people waiting to get coffee as is her day's routine and a lazy sigh escapes from her lips. With two people before her, she impatiently waits for them to complete their order. The lady in the front yells at the cashier, criticizing her for working too slow who whispers back at her in a slow voice asking her to calm down, apologizing.

She wanders her eyes around the room to register her surroundings and a faint smell of coffee and cinnamon stings in the air that soothes her nerves. Her gaze drops at a couple who is sitting at a table in the corner and an instant smile develops from her lips.

They look so in love; the boy tucks a strand of the girl's hair behind her ear and her lips twitch a restrained smile. He looks at her in a way, every woman dreamed of to be looked at by the person she loved and everyone outside them would realize that they are hopelessly in love. She plays with the mug that sits on the table, shyly and a hint of a blush traces on her cheeks.

Lea's eyes slowly move to the next table to see a couple bickering at each other. Both of them look her age, with books lying on the table, the boy wore a fraternity shirt, giving signs that they were in university. The girl glares at the boy, her eyes red consumed by rage and the boy desperately holds, squeezes her hand, asking her to give him another chance. Refusing the boy, she starts to yell at him, asking him to have sex with himself and stands up from the chair, throwing her drink on his face.

Embarrassment floods his facial features and his eyes roam around the room to notice that everyone is looking at him and he immediately stands up from his seat to make out of the room, humiliation engulfing his whole body.

It catches Lea by amazement.

The couple next to them, just a table away look so crazily, madly in love with their eyes looking at each other like it was their last day but the other couple almost wanted to rip each other apart until their tension between them diminished - they were pretty decent for that matter - but the way they looked at each other was concerning.