2|Dèja vu|

A few months back we were in this very situation. Thinking about it I have a flashback.

I was sitting on the carpeted floor by Madamme Annie's side. Sophie sat across me. We were reading the paper.

I started thinking about how I was the only one allowed in this particular room? Why was it that these two incredible women gave their time to me? Why not the others? Why does it seem like Sophie was especially hired for me?

Madamme Annie ran her hand through my hair and patted my back. As if she could read me, she asked,"What are you thinking, my child?"

I looked up at her and replied," I was thinking about me."

"What about you, dear?" a confused Sophie asked.

''I was thinking, why me? I mean, why am I the only one who gets to be especially groomed by Sophie? Why am I your centre of attention? Why am I let into this room whenever I want but for the rest of the girls its off limits?"

"I dont get it, my dear. You don't like being groomed by me or is it that you don't like being in this room? You are not at all instructed to be here, if you want to join the rest outside then you must but they are not just friendly towards you, different schools and all, being the reason. And as far as grooming and ettiquetes are concerned, I want you to be a proper lady, that's all. You don't like it?" Her voice was of a confused and yet hurt person.

Oh my! I hadnt meant to hurt them.

''Sophie, I..I didnt mean it like that. I like it when you groom me and this room is my sanctuary, my refuge. I mean it saves me from gossips and all but...'' I paused and then continued looking at Madamme, "I know there is more to to this."

Madamme looks at me with an unreadable expression on her face,"Do you really want to know?"

See I knew there was more to all of this, I knew it all along. They can't be just biased without any reason. Yeah it's true that even teachers at my school favour me but that's because I study hard and score high in their subjects. But here I am like the others, I mean I am raised by the same person(Madamme) and do all my chores that are assigned to me and thats what the othres do with a little fuss but they do it. Sometimes I , too, become cranky.

Madamme drew her breath to speak but then shut her mouth looking at Sophie, I looked at her as well. Sophie stood and walked over to me and sat there smoothing her dress.

She said,' Alright we will tell you'
Then they both share a glance as if they want to reatain the information.
So I push ,' I am ready to hear whatever it is'

'First things first no questions and intruption whatever we tell is all you need to know' Madamme said and I nodded , it can be worth it.
'Your parents are alive and you beling to a very rich family.'
This hurt to know.
'When you came her you were wrapped in blankets sleeping in your cot. You were very cute and I was in the awe of you. I brang you inside. There was a note by your side and an envelope of money. The note said," TAKE CARE OF THIS LITTLE GIRL MIRE THAN YOUR OWN. YOU WILL BE PAID FOR HER ON MONTHLY BASIS. A MAN AND A GIRL WILL ARRIVE IN A DAY OR TWO. THEY WILL BRIEF YOU ABOUT THE LITTLE ONE. TAKE SPECIAL CARE OF HER". Madamme stopped as she was lost in the flashback. After she snapped out of it she said,' After one day a man and a girl did come. He told me that I was supposed to use the money that would be given to fulfill your expenses. Then he intriduced the girl, Sophie. She was 17 back then.'
I imagined the whole scenario as madamme told me the whole history.

'Sophie was to groom you raise you care for you and make you a proper lady that you are now and will be. Her wages have been from you parents' pocket. All I had ti do was take care of you and give you shelter. But dear do not ever think that this money is the reason why I love you so much. I would have loved you unconditionally even without a penny.'she said ending her part of the memory with a glint of tears in her eyes.
'Never will I think that.' I had said hugging her.

'Estella, you were supposed to know. You insisted. Never let anyone know about this please. Your parents will take you back, I am sure of it.' Sophie said, 'Dont overthink this'.
**************************
I know my parents are filthy rich and all this love and special care is bought. Sophie never ket me feel like it nor did Madamme. They did love me with all their heart. But my parents didnt, I guess.

A/n : what do u guys think?
Will her parents take her in?
Why couldnt they keep her ?