[twenty two] stiles approved

c h a p t e r   t w e n t y t w ostiles approved

c h a p t e r t w e n t y t w o
stiles approved

"What are you doing?" Rose asked, peering over Harper's shoulder at all of the paper in front of her. "Homework?"

The teenage girl nodded, letting out a sigh of annoyance. Currently she was on her maths homework, which was bad enough, but she had Chemistry homework next, and she was even worse at that.

"Oh, that reminds me. Your science tutor will be over in about thirty minutes." Rose moved away from her granddaughter to clean the kitchen side that she was working at.

Harper looked up from her work, frowning. "You got me a science tutor?" She questioned, almost offended. "I'm averaging a C in Chemistry, an A in Biology and a A in Physics. That's not that bad."

Rose shook her head. "A 'C' isn't good enough, sweet pea. Your dad was a man of science, you know what he would say." She patted Harper's shoulder. "I told you last week that I got you a tutor. You clearly wasn't listening."

"Sorry, I've just had a lot on my plate lately." Harper claimed, flipping over a page in her maths revision guide.

Her grandma just chuckled. "Don't worry."

Harper desperately wanted to ask her grandma what she knew about Empaths, and if she was one herself. But she didn't know how to word it- or what if she thought she was crazy and sent her to that same mental hospital her parents worked and died at?

About half an hour later, the doorbell rang throughout the Verum household, almost making them jump since they had both been so engrossed in what they were doing. Rose jumped up from her seat.

"I'll get it." Rose announced, rushing towards the front door.

Harper heard muffled talking and she sighed, sinking into her seat further. The last thing she wanted was a tutor. She'd rather fail, to be honest. She pulled out her phone and began to text Stiles and Scott in their group chat.

To Scott and Stiles:

Guys, my grandma got me a tutor for science wtf

From Stiles:

I could have tutored you

From Stiles:

Guys! We have bigger things to worry about! Like where the hell Derek went - Scott

Harper frowned at the screen.

To Scott and Stiles:

What happened to him? And why is Scott typing on Stiles' phone and not his own??

From Stiles:

basically

From Stiles: