ten

after the big date, i started getting along with everyone a lot more. things were going great, and harrison and i were talking on a regular routine again. i decided he most likely never distanced himself, i was just overanalyzing things. 

jc, however was not happy that i was getting "romantically involved with kian." in his words. 

we were hanging out in our room, texting people on our phones and occasionally asking each other questions or just starting small conversation.

out of nowhere jc shut his phone off and set it down, then looked up at me. "cas, can we talk?"

"we have been talking." i replied, not looking up from my phone.

jc sighed in frustration. "cassidy."

"justin." i retorted.

he shuffled out of his bed, throwing his covers to the side and walking over to my mattress. jc sat down across from me, shifting the bed. "seriously, listen to me. we need to talk." he continued sternly. i felt my phone get smacked out of my hand. 

"j! what the hell?!" i yelled, not bothering to go grab it. "is this about kian?"

"yes, it's about kian. but for good reason. cas, listen it's weird. he's my best friend. been my best friend. and now my sister's going on dates with him, and no one even knows if he's still in his fling with meredith."

my gaze snapped up to jc. "wait, he's still dating meredith?"

"well, i don't know for sure. they were pretty off and on. and i thought they still were." jc said.

i huffed and got up, leaving and grabbing my phone on the way out.

i couldn't go on the roof to clear my mind so i decided to cool off by the pool. i quickly walked to the backyard, so no one would talk to me on my way out. once i got outside i sat at the edge of the pool, resting my head on my knees and wrapping my arms around them.

everything was getting worse and worse. 

i heard the sliding glass door open and close, then heard footsteps approaching me. 

someone sat down next to me, but i didn't bother looking up.

"not in the mood to talk?" they said. harrison.

i shrugged. i didn't want to open my mouth. not yet. everything would just come spilling out.

"it's okay, i'm here for you. even if you don't want to talk about it." harrison said, placing his hand on my back and rubbing circles. 

"you know, things were kind of boring before you got here. i mean, yeah i'm in california so it's been great.. but.. i don't know." he sighed and looked over at me. 

i continued to stare hard at the pool, focusing on the lights. i wouldn't fall apart over something so small and stupid.

harrison continued, "what i'm trying to say is. you've made my stay here better. thanks for that." 

i finally looked over at him and broke down in tears. he wrapped his arms around me, resting his chin on my head and i leaned my forehead against his chest, sobbing. he continued to rub my back.

eventually my crying slowed down to a sniffle. harrison was still holding me, and i was drifting to sleep. 

after that all i could barely remember was harrison carrying me upstairs to my room so i could sleep in my bed, and everything after that was blank. 

i'm such a bad writer. but here's a small chapter.