XLIV- The Secrets and the Lies

Here's your daily dose of behind classroom doors. I hope you enjoyed it and as always I'm always curious to know what you thought. Have a great rest of your day! Also the next chapter is a doozy so be prepared!
-----

"Livia what's wrong? You've been off for the past couple days. Did you not enjoy Christmas?" My mom asks as she walks into my room and sits on my bed.

I shake my head, "I'm okay mom, Christmas was good." Despite me having to deal with Shawn practically breaking up with me right before I'm about to leave Dean. Or maybe the fact that I still haven't left Dean and have to pretend that I love him as much as my parents do.

"I know when something is wrong...you can talk to me." Her voice is soothing, I hate that she has to go back to work after New Years.

I sit up and look over to her, my fingers trace over my engagement ring. "What if I told you that I don't want to marry Dean?"

There's no shock on her face, telling me she doesn't understand what I mean. "That's why you're waiting a few years. I understand that you're too young."

"No mom, I mean that I don't want to be with him anymore."

The shock is now evident, "I don't understand." I feel tears begin to stream down my face, I don't know how I'm supposed to tell her. My mom leans in to wipe them away. I want to tell her about the abuse and Mr. Morgan but I know she won't understand and I can't risk Shawn losing his job because of me.

"Whatever it is, honey it's okay. I just want you to be happy."

I sniffle and nod, at the very least I can tell her non specifics, "I met someone else, but I'm not a bad person I swear." As I continue to cry she wraps her arms around me and hugs me. The truth is I am a bad person, I cheated on Dean and it's with my teacher of all people.

"Shh, it's okay. I know you're not a bad person." She doesn't know everything though.

"I just got confused and so much has happened but he doesn't want to be with me." Or maybe Shawn does and won't let himself. "But now I don't want to be with Dean."

Mom pulls me at arms length to look at me, "I know things might be confusing but if you don't feel anything towards Dean anymore it's best to end it." She then continues to wipe the remaining tears, "If that other guy doesn't want you it's his loss."

I want to laugh at her words, it feels more like my loss then his.

Regardless I nod, "Thanks mom." I say.

The doorbell rings and my mom says she'll get it before exiting my bedroom. I Take the time to run to the bathroom and wash my tear stained face. By the time I make it back out my mom is standing in the middle of my room with a box in her hand, "It's for you." She says, handing me the box. There isn't a return address but I still tear open the box and take out the contents. There's a small velvet box on the inside, much smaller than the box it came in. I reach in and take it out when I open it there's a gold necklace with a rose hanging from the chain. It's absolutely beautiful, "Oh my God, that's beautiful. Is it from Dean?" She asks as she examines it.

I look back in the box to see a white note card. In Black ink are the initials S.M.

I look up at my mom, "No, it's...it's not."